Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1

11.17.2015

13:49

Paige

"Ladies and gentlemen," Why does every single speech start with the generic ladies and gentlemen? It is very unoriginal and useless to say at the beginning of each and every speech. "I have some bad news today on this cloudy day." Double negative right there. The factory building's parking lot was shaded by the clouds, but most days it will be bright and sunny. The clouds do not look very pleasant when you are out in the open with no way to cover yourself if rain hits. "I have been reported to, that two of my employees were accidentally caught in one of the heating units. They were reportedly cleaning the units when my assistant pressed a button that would start them. He figured they were both probably out by then." Why would anyone cry for them? It's not like they would live much longer anyway. I hear that most people who work at this factory live shorter lifespans. I don't know the reason why, but I'm sure it is on the internet somewhere. "Their names were Joshua Swirl and Quinton Shire." What made up names. I could think of some name better than that right off the top of my head... Robert Gerald. Very formal, but at least it sounds real. "Can we please take a moment of silence for Joshua and Quinton?" Hamlin lowers his head, as well as others too. Why would people mourn a fake dead man? These names are as made up as unicorns. Completely untrue and never seen. I bet if someone asked what they looked like, Hamlin would pause and be unable to come up with a good description.

Hamlin's eyes dart from side to side as if he is looking for someone. He raises his head, his curly, brown hair swooshing backwards. "Alright. Time for the big announcement. So you all know that this company has been named Hamlin Incorporated since I first opened it right?" Yea, unless you were living under a rock for the past twenty years. Something brushes against my lower back. I instinctively spin around and ready to go off on them, but no one is there. Not a single person is behind me at the edge of the crowd. I slowly turn back around to face the factory again. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, Swirl and Shire incorporated." A green tarp is pulled off of beautifully painted metal lettering. Each letter is painted with yellow and light blue diagonal stripes. It was magnificent.

Again something brushes against my lower back. I spin around, ready to yell at them. A man dressed in black with a tiger mask on. Suddenly everything moves in slow motion, and the sound cuts off and is replaced by constant buzzing. My whole body goes numb, and I feel a small poke on my stomach. I look down stupidly and see the end of a knife sticking out. This sends me back into reality with a horrific scream. Once others realize what is going on, they scream as well. My throat goes raw after around fifteen seconds of screaming, I guess my attacker wants to enjoy his first kill of the day. Other murderous bastards arrive to kill more. About a dozen or so in total.

Suddenly I'm on the floor being kicked in my sides. When will this torture end? The pain hurts so much, its like being eaten alive, but instead of having chunks of my body being torn off, Painful boots are crushing into my sides. The excruciating pain stops with numbness throughout my body. The tiger mask stares down at me, laughing at my pain. Everything goes blank as I close my eyes to get rid of this ongoing torment.