Chapter-33 *Little changes*✔

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I can see that. Now go and talk to him. He is upstairs," she said as she pointed to a room.

I nodded, giving her a soft smile. Then I turned towards stairs and walked quickly in the direction she had mentioned. I heard shuffling behind the door, and I hesitated in raising my fist to knock on the door.

I knocked twice and the door flung open, revealing a shirtless and shocked Max. He was sweaty. His curly hair was wet with sweat and matted to his forehead. "Jessica?"

Oh God! I know I shouldn't look at him right now. He was practically half-naked. Turn around, Jazz, my inner conscious screamed, but I was glued to my place. I was practically hyperventilating in my mind.

I didn't hear him calling my name because my eyes nervously trailed to his abdomen attracted to his exposed six-pack. He was breathing fast proving that he was doing some kind of workout before. His shorts were hung low on his hips, revealing the defined V-line that I had to forcefully remove my eyes from. My inner-conscious screamed at me, and I finally got my senses back.

I blinked and looked back at Max. I noticed a smirk on his face and an eyebrow raised, "Done, checking me out?"

My cheeks flushed and I immediately turned around. "Put on a shirt. You're half-naked."

"Says the person who has been drooling over me for the last few minutes."

"I was just shocked, I didn't expect you without a shirt," I replied, which wasn't a lie actually. "Anyways, I need to talk to you."

I heard some movement, and I saw him leaned against the doorframe from the corner of my eye. "Well, we are talking, aren't we?"

I sighed, "Why are you ignoring me?" I asked nervously, ignoring his naked body. Well, I couldn't exactly focus on my words, when he was standing there and smirking at me. And above all, why was it affecting me like this? It's not like I haven't seen boys without shirts . . . I just spent a weekend on the beach where most of the men were half dressed. If this had happened before the beach party then I could have understood this effect because in India it's very rare and untraditional thing to do. But why now?

I turned my face and saw him walking inside the room. I followed him inside and kept looking at the floor. After a few minutes, I lifted my face, and I noticed he was buttoning his white shirt. His hair was still wet from the sweat, making him more sexy.

Agh! Stop it, Jazz. You are going out of your limit!

He sat on his bed and ran his fingers through his wet hair, staring intensely at me. I did the same and stared back at him. I wanted to know the answer.

He sighed, "I'm not ignoring you."

"Really? So you are trying to say that you didn't receive any of my text messages and, the calls I made were disconnected by mistake, right?" I crossed my arms.

"I'm just giving you some . . . space." He avoided my gaze.

"For what?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"From me. I'm not a good guy, you know. You shouldn't hang out with me. I'm a bad influence for you." He sounded low.

"You think about this, now?" I asked getting irritated. When he didn't answer, I continued, "How many times have I told you to stay away from me? But you never listened to me, right? And now when I have started accepting you in my life, you just have a random change of heart and decide to ‘give her some space’ so I won't get influenced by Max, the jerk." I huffed.

His eyes widened and he looked at me for few seconds, then his lips parted into a smirk. "Well, if you are so set on being within my bad company, you are heartily welcome."