Chapter 56 "NYC I"

Start from the beginning

We went to the streets of NY with some hats and sunglasses on to avoid millions of shouts and everything. First of all we went to every single shop to find Niall a proper outfit for tonight. We looked for polos to blazers and shirts but nothing convinced us.

"Ahhhhhrrg! I don’t know what to pick! I want to be perfect Harry! I want to be perfect for her, she deserves perfection after everything I did"

"First of all Niall, you didn’t do anything and secondly, you’re perfect, don’t put yourself down, ok I think I have the perfect outfit" I said grabbing some piece of clothes. Yeah, that was it, it was perfect for him. He looked beautiful, I mean, I know I’m a guy but if I liked boys I swear I would like to fuck Niall right here. Ok, forget this last thought. To sum up, [Y/N] won’t be able to resist the irish charm tonight.

After buying his outfit we went to prepare everything for tonight. We booked a table where they could be the two of them alone. So romantic with petals everywhere, candles… A romantic atmosphere. 

"If [Y/N] doesn’t forgive me with this I don’t know how she’ll forgive me. I swear, I miss her so much" Niall said and I saw him that he was getting a little bit sensitive, so I hugged him. He really loved her so much and they “broke up" somehow just for a silly thing that must be explained tonight.

YOURS P.O.V

"Wow, you look… you look gorgeous babe" I looked at my reflexion in the mirror. The truth was that I was stunning! My hair was a ponytail, the make up was perfectly done… Yes, tonight was going to be my night. “Seriously, Niall’s going to freak out when you walk in the door" I turned over to see her, did I hear well or I was so damn crazy to hear Niall’s name? No, I wasn’t that crazy because I heard Theresa murmuring shit, her eyes wide open and her hands in her mouth.

"Ok, what’s going on?" I asked. 

"Nothing why?"

"Theresa, I’m not idiot. I heard well and I’m not going anywhere tonight"

"Oh yes, you are. [Y/N] don’t be stupid"

"I don’t want to see him, Theresa. I was getting better. If I see him again I would rewind to the past and I don’t want that. I want to move on!"

"But, babe, please listen to me" she said putting her hands in my elbows. “You and Niall are meant to be, you’ll find out that what happened there was just a silly thing, Niall will explain to you, if you give him the chance. That was what he’s trying to do, explain everything, but you didn’t let him, please, just listen to him, and if you don’t want to come back with him, just don’t, but he deserves to be heard"

"I hate you more now, you’re making me feel bad"

"I’m not, I’m just telling you the truth. Come on, we’re getting late"

We grabbed our coats and took a taxi. I didn’t know where I was going, I didn’t know if that was right. I didn’t know if I was going to brake into tears when I see him. I was scared, scared of what he was going to tell me, scared of the truth. I just don’t know if our relationship is worth it or not anymore…

We arrived and went to the lift. We went up around 50 floors and Theresa told me to wait there. After a while Harry appeared and I kissed his cheek. 

"She knows everything Harry" Theresa muttered. 

"What?" she nodded and I did the same

"And I hate you both" I added. “And I don’t really know why I’m here, but what do you want me to do?"

"Niall is inside that room. You just have to walk in and listen to him" I nodded and sighed. Let’s see how it turns out, I thought.

I opened the door and took some steps. Where was he? 

NIALL’S P.O.V

I heard some steps. She was there.

Holy shit!!! She was breathtaking. If she wanted me to have a heart attack, tonight was the perfect moment. She was stunning! Her dress was beautiful, her hair perfect… everything! She was so gorgeous!! The rose I was handing almost fell when I saw her.

"Hello? Niall are you here?" she said. I tried to speak but I blocked. I couldn’t do anything. Suddenly I felt lots of sweat coming out from me. I panicked. I can’t do this. She’s deserves better than me. I just can’t. I hide between the curtains. I didn’t want her to see me. We stood like that 10 more minutes. I just couldn’t go there and say, hi… I just couldn’t.

I heard some steps and a door opening.

"Guys, if this is a fucking New Years Eve joke, it isn’t funny" that was [Y/N] She must be talking to Theresa and Harry.

"Why babe?"

"Niall’s not here and you know what? I’m sick and tired of this situation. Fuck my life, Fuck 2012 and fuck Niall. I’m going" she said. Those words hit me in my heart. I just wanted to go there and shout how much I love her, but my feet couldn’t move. They’re paralyzed. 

"[Y/N] wait, Niall’s here!" Theresa screamed. 

"Niall? Where the hell are you?" Harry said. I just sat with my arms around my legs. I was an idiot. I had the opportunity and I let her go again… I started to sob and tears were streaming down my face.

"Niall! For God shake! What are you doing behind the curtains and why are you crying?"

"I’m a loser Harry. She deserves better"

"Seriously, why are you two so damn stupid!!!?" Theresa shouted. I just wanted to disappear. 

"Niall, look at me. You’re the best man I know for her. You’re kind, funny, protective, cute… you’re everything Niall. Of course she deserves you. You’re the one for her. Why didn’t you come out to talk to her?"

"Because… After all this weeks… I don’t know, she was stunning and I was overwhelmed! I couldn’t do anything! But I want her back"

"Then do something!" Harry said.

"Where’s she going?"

"I don’t know, she didn’t say anything. She could go anywhere knowing her…"

"I gotta find her"

"We’re going with you Niall"