2. Dream Weaver If you Please

(Milo, son of the Evil Queen)

Erick

  "Hello?" I called, scanning the area around me. I was currently standing in a clearing, its darkened trees that surrounded it barely visible through the thick mist.

  "Is anybody there?" I called. No answer. I call again, but still there is no response.

  "Follow......me" a voice calls. It echoes around in hushed tones, making it seem as though a hundred people talk and not just one. From the shadows, there appears a pure white shape. An animal, standing on two legs....a rabbit? The rabbit has on a top hat, its ears sticking out through holes in the sides of the brim. It wears a red overcoat that trails to the ground and a black button down shirt. It carries a staff, brown with a gold ring around its top. Its topper is shaped exactly like a clock. It stretches out an arm, finger curling backward as black eyes stare at me.

  "Come.....with....me" it beckons. I step forward, trembling. The rabbit took off, shooting backward in a blur of white and red.

  "Hey! Wait!" I shouted. I bolted after it.

  "Follow....me.....Erick" it beckons. I leap over a fallen tree just to keep up with it. I tripped over it, the bark cutting into my leg. I didn't waste time to cry out in pain. What is this rabbit eating? More importantly, where is this rabbit taking me?

"Almost....there" the rabbit said, disappearing into the mist in front of me.

"Rabbit?!" I shouted as I skidded to a halt. No answer. Was I....alone again?

"Why does the one who came to me? Seem so sad and glum, not free?" A voice asked. This voice was different, sounding much more along the lines of Him from the PowerPuff Girls than a monster.

"Who said that?" I demanded the empty clearing.

"We'll meet soon enough you'll see. Just look for a blue bird in a red oak tree" the voice said.

"What? What are you talking about?" I snapped. No response.

"I'm losing my mind..." I grumbled.

"It is my ideology that everyone is mad" a voice, heavy with accent, said. The rabbit reappeared.

  "You! Where am I?" I demanded. He didn't say anything in response, simply touching his cane to my forehead.

  "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. WHACK. The rabbit's cane came flying across my forehead.

  "Ow!" I cried.

  "We're in your head. You're just lucky we got to you before the Dream Weaver did" he said, shaking his head.

  "Dream weaver?" I asked. "I've never heard of anyone named the Dream Weaver." WHACK.

  "Ow! Stop that!" I cried.

  "She is unknown because we don't speak of her. She is far too dangerous to be spoken of. She has returned and her master, I can assure you, is not far behind" he said.

"What am I supposed to do about it?" I asked.

"It's the Phooka's Prophecy, one that nobody's been able to solve." He informed me.

"When midnight is shattered and pumpkins will burn,

And Wonder is taken and lessons not learned

Then blood shall spill under the Everest Trees,

Leaving the entire world alive to freeze.