28 | From Kamino to Space

This chapter is short, but I'll update soon :)

Kendra's POV:

Rain crashed against the roof of my Fighter as I followed Anakin to Kamino. As the surface paths came into view, I landed on the platform.

As I climbed out of my Fighter, I could sense the Bounty Hunter.

"I can sense Jango." I told Anakin as he caught up to me.

Anakin lifted his cloak as we hurried through the pouring rain. "I sense him too."

Entering the building, we pushed off our hoods and walked through the bright halls.

"We'll be able to spot his gear in these halls, though." Anakin joked. I looked over at him as I kept myself from laughing.

Turning multiple corners, I came to a halt as the presence of another person began to effect me.

My body tensed as the head of a Blaster was pressed to the back of my head. I looked over at Anakin who didn't move.

"Get to the ship, Boba." The masked voice demanded.

I watched the young boy run out the doors, and I inhaled.

"You're making a mistake, Jango." Anakin told the Bounty Hunter. "You won't get away with this."

"You won't do anything, Skywalker."

I flipped backwards until I was behind Jango, wrapping my arm around his neck. I hit his Blaster Rifle out of his hand, watching it slide across the floor.

He grunted as I kicked the back of his legs, watching him fall to his knees. Anakin retrieved his lightsaber, standing in front of Jango.

"You're right, I did something." I snapped.

"You seem to forget I have more weapons, Jedi."
Jango pushed me back, and lifted a black looking weapon. My eyes widened as fire seethed out of the head, directly at Anakin.

I kicked it out of his hand, and flipped him over. I stood up to attend to Anakin who quickly removed his burning cloak.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He nodded.

I turned in a panic, realizing I had left Jango. I watched as he made it outside, running towards the waiting ship.

We ran as fast as we could and into the rain to get to the Bounty Hunter.

I jumped towards him, and both of us fell to the wet platform. I lifted my lightsaber to swing, but he moved out of the way.

"There is no escaping!" I yelled, trying to pin him down.

Pushing me off of him, I staggered to my feet, managing not to slip on the wet surface. By the time I got up, Jango was already flying into the ship.

"Come on." Anakin yelled, running towards his Fighter.

I hurried to mine, and climbed inside. I pulled my head set on and took off.

-

"I don't see him." I said, examining the atmosphere. There was nothing.

"I feel that he is going to Geonosis." Anakin said through the head set. "We might as -"

Anakin was interrupted by a loud boom, and our Fighters were pushed. Spinning, I quickly pressed different buttons to straighten out.

"There!" I heard Anakin through the glitching head set. I looked to my side to see the same ship, speeding past us.

"It's too late," Anakin breathed. "We need to head back to Coruscant, we'll head to Geonosis soon."

"Alright."

I pulled back the silver lever on the side wall, allowing the Fighter to speed up.

"He won't get away."