Chapter 27: The Search

Start from the beginning

"Why such a hurry hatchling?" asked the gravity dragon, knowing very well that this dragon was far from a hatchling.

The flame drake narrowed his eyes dangerously, but didn't attack back with an insult of his own, much to Gravon's surprise, "None of your business. Why did you try to attack me?"

"I didn't," Gravon replied, "Though it was amusing to see your reaction."

The fire dragon huffed, before turning as if to fly off again.

"Hey! Don't you turn your back on me! I haven't finished with you yet!" growled Gravon.

The fire dragon turned back to look at him, "What?"

"Are you Silver's brother?"

"I am. My name is Raize if you ever wanted to find that out."

"Do you know where she is?"

"Who?"

"Silver! Do you know where she is?"

"No, I don't."

The reply was quick and abrupt, as if the fire dragon, Raize, had anticipated the question. Gravon frowned, suspecting that he wasn't telling the whole truth, but there was no way he could prove it.

"When did you see her last?" he asked.

"With Zepos," Raize replied.

"Zepos?" Gravon frowned, "Who's he?"

"An electric dragon, one of Silver's... very close friends," the fire dragon replied.

Gravon narrowed his eyes. He remembered that dragon now; they were in some of the same classes, when he bothered to show up that is. And his mum had mentioned some competition, but he thought he could easily trump any other male in Silver's life. It seemed he was mistaken.

"And where is he now?"

"With Silver, so I don't know."

"You know Raize, I don't believe you."

The fire dragon shrugged, "Good for you."

He turned to leave again. Gravon snarled and manipulated the gravity around the dragon, forcing him into the floor. Raize yowled in surprise and tried to get up, only to find that he was far to heavy to lift himself. Still, he struggled, not allowing himself to be defeated so easily. Gravon landed in front of the downed dragon, a grin on his face. Fire dragons were so easy.

"Now, tell me the truth or I will crush you into the ground," he threatened.

Raize snorted and opened his maw, sending a torrent of flame toward the unsuspecting dragon. Fire was not affected by gravity because of its lack of weight and mass, so it still flew just as easily as it normally would. Gravon screeched in pain as the flames scoured his scales. He lost concentration on his hold of Raize, turning away and shielding himself from the flames with his wings.

The fire dragon took advantage of his lack of sight and pounced at Gravon, colliding with his side and knocking him over, before pinning him to the ground. The gravity dragon snarled and tried to throw Raize off, but he had underestimated the strength of the younger dragon and yowled when Raize pressed his claws into his flanks, drawing blood.

"You stay away from my sister, worm. She's too good for the likes of you," Raize snarled.

Gravon roared out in pain and looked at the fire dragon above him. He manipulated gravity again, but this time in the opposite direction. Raize growled in surprise and nearly let go of Gravon as he began to fall... upwards? However, he managed to keep a hold of him, and they began to fall together. Fire lit the gravity dragon up as Raize bathed him in flame. He screeched, the pain causing the gravity to return to normal and they began to fall back toward the ground.