Love story was never meant for me

I don't have a love story...

There are times when listening to some songs drifts you to a place... A situation where you seem lost.. Not in senses... Smiling all to yourself.. May be wandering in some wonderland.. Staring into almost nothing as if zeroing out something.. Times when someone caught you in similar situations and then endless questions... Rather interrogating as to what are you thinking or whom are you thinking about.. And then the question which almost catches you off guard.. Who is the one who is the reason behind that silent blush or a suppressed smile... Share your love story... There I am Completely bowled over... What should I share.. I don't have a love story...
Well yes that's true I never had a love story.. Not even an incomplete one.. What to say about complete.. Time and again when I read wise men saying each and everyone have their stint with love once in a life time.. They have their special moments... Some undying memories with a person, I wonder where are mine.. Will one sided attraction or unreciprocated love fall into this category of love story.. On the list of one sided love it may but not exactly a love story..
Time and again when I see other relating their love stories... Those unofficial times of courtship.. Those commitments.. That cute naughty talks.. Those moments of jealousy... Possessiveness.. Never did I have anyone feeling these emotions for me...But as it is said hope sustains life.. I always waited for my Prince Charming to come one day and sweep me off my feet.. To take to my dreamworld.. Love me.. Complete me and my love story...
But till I found my Prince Charming for my love story, my stint with experiencing those love moments kept happening.. So at one point, I was the Simran of DDLJ, realizing the new found love feelings at the time of separation or when she showed the desperation to run and catch the train to finally unite with her lover... Or may be I was the Miss Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice confessing her altered feelings and love to the epitome of perfection Mr Darcy.. May be I fancied myself to be Anne of Persuasion who was approached a second time by the love of her life....
I did live through all these love stories and many more, fantisying myself one of them and believing every word of it to be true when they say the love of your life will come one day and like all others you will also feel complete that day...
Yet in all these stories I was there always experiencing without realizing it is not for me.. Yes it's not I.. Alas I have lived through all those love stories and more but don't have one to die for in real...
So as and where I stand today being a family person, I no longer hope for one for me now.. But the thought still lingers why didn't I have my love story.. Wasn't I that worthy to have one.. A list of compromises pop up before my eyes.. May be something's are better as they are and I am not complaining but how to control those emotions when I hear someone relating their love stories...
Alas.. I never had a love story...