28 A Prince, A King And Tears Of A Princess

Elsa stared at her mother in confusion. Iduna wore a frown. The hallway was quiet and no maids were seen. Iduna had said that she wanted a word with Elsa privately. She sounded serious and hurt for some reason.

The princess began to worry. She waited for her mother to start saying something. But she never opened her mouth. She looked as if she could burst into tears at any moment.

"Are you okay mother?" Elsa asked. Iduna sighed sadly as she gave the box she received to her daughter.

"Open it," she ordered.

Elsa looked at her then at the box. It wasn't her birthday or anything. And it wasn't near Christmas either. "What is it?" She opened it and her eyes immediately widened. She examined the two photos and she read the note.

Her hands were shaking. Her eyes were watering up. She looked up at her mother. "S-she really gave you this?"

Iduna nodded. "And she invited us to her birthday party."

Elsa smiled happily. "S-so are we going?"

"No."

She didn't say anything elsa after that. Elsa looked at the photo of her family. She smiled sadly. She was forced to erase every single bit of memory of her sister she had.

The time when she and her father went out and saw the stars, every picnic they went on, the time when she cried out for her father, all those memories had Anna in it. She was there seeing the stars, she was there playing with Elsa, she was there crying out for their father, she was there with her every step of the way through.

"Mother please," she begged. "Anna didn't do anything wrong. She just–"

"Didn't do anything wrong? You were there Elsa!" Her mother snapped. Elsa flinched. "You were there and you know that what she did was wrong."

"But she didn't do anything wrong! She found love. She found someone who she could love." Tears were flowing through her cheeks. She just wanted to see her sister. She just wanted the three of them to live happily together as a family.

Iduna glared at her. "She found love and she ran away. Do–do you know how worried I was? Do you know what troubles she caused me to go through?"

"She ran away because she was scared. She was scared of you. She was scared that you were going to reject their relationship."

Elsa panted. All the yelling was making her feel exhausted. But she won't give up. She has to make her mother realise that Anna didn't do anything wrong. She was innocent.

"And how do you know?" Iduna questioned.

"Because she told me!" Elsa exclaimed.

Iduna widened her eyes. "She told you?"

The princess nodded with red puffy eyes. Iduna couldn't believe it. Anna told Elsa and not her. She didn't tell her own mother. Was she that scared? Was she that afraid to tell her the truth? If Anna told her, nothing like this would have happened. Her mother and Elsa wouldn't be so worried. They wouldn't have gone for a search. They wouldn't have been crying for the whole day. Iduna would have thought about it and maybe accepted their relationship.

She kept the tears from falling as she turned the frown into a straight line. "I'm not accepting her as my daughter. You're my only child."

"But–"

"No," she said as she turned around. Her back was facing Elsa. "You can't do anything to make me take her back in."

Elsa bit her trembling lips. With one swish of wind, she turned back and ran. Her tears were flying. TinkerBell saw her and tried to ask her why she was crying. But Elsa didn't stop. She ran and ran through the corridors. She even ignored Jack.