That afternoon...

Jacob's POV:

Thatcher keeps asking me if I'm alright, if everything is ok with me. How can I tell him that I love him in more than a fatherly way?? I keep saying that everything is fine, when on the inside I know so much better than that. I am ANYTHING but fine at the moment.

Jessica, Thatcher's girlfriend came over just moments ago and the two went running up to his room. I could hear her giggles all the way in the kitchen, and I couldn't help but gag at that disgusting noise. Then I hear it, Thatcher moaning, telling Jessica that 'it feels really good'.

I want to vomit, or punch her in the face. I'm not sure which one would make this pain in my heart go away, but I'll just go outside and smoke a cig, which I haven't done in nearly thirteen years. This is what it's come down too. Me going back to smoking so my son doesn't have to deal with the ridicule of knowing his "father" is in love with him.

Once I finished, I went back inside and walked into the living room, only to see my son sitting on the couch crying.

"Jessica left me...she told me I was gay and that we were over..."

"What does she mean by that son?"

"For some reason she thinks I'm in love with... A man..."

"Are you? In love with a man?"

"I don't know..." He whispered it so quietly I almost didn't catch him saying it, but when I did, I stopped in my tracks, my heart beating so loudly that I could swear he heard it.

"Do you hate me now dad?"

"I could never hate you son, never. Besides, I myself am Bi, if that makes the situation any easier on you."

"Did mom know?"

"Eventually, she figured it out after a while, and I'm sure that's why she left us. She found out I was in love with a man instead of her and she couldn't take knowing that."

"I'm sorry dad. Do you love this guy?"

"I do, more than I thought I ever would. But things would be complicated if we started a relationship with each other."

"He married and have kids?"

"No...he's..." I decided that it didn't need to be discussed, so I just waved him off.

"Time for bed kiddo?"

"Yeah, I think so. Love you dad. Night!"

"Love you too, son."

As I walked into my room, I caught a glimpse of an app on his phone that he was using to IM people on, so I ran into my room, immediately started searching for this app, and decided to download it. Once the download was finished, I clicked on the app and found Thatcher's profile a short while later.

I set my profile up, and then made the decision to send him a message the next morning when I awoke. Maybe this way we can talk about things without everything getting, weird.