I bite my lip and look at her screen, trying to decipher whatever it's showing.

"That's weird." She says and squints at the desktop, as if she doesn't understand what she sees on there.

"What?" Niall asks.

"I don't see a baby."

I look at Niall, whose hands are in his hair already, tugging at it because he's starting to freak out.

"Does it mean I lost it? What-"

There's a knock on the door and the nurse came back in with a piece of paper.

"I've got your results Ms. Parker."

"Well?" Niall asks.

"You're not pregnant. You've never been."

"What do you mean?" I exclaim, almost falling off the bed.

"I called the doctor who did your first blood test, and she said that she accidentally switched blood samples with someone else, and deeply apologizes for it."

My mind goes blank. Somehow I'm happy because I feel like a huge weight just got lifted off my chest, but on the other hand, I feel sad because the baby had become a part of me and was lowkey excited about it.

"So how would you explain the fact that her period was late?" Niall asks.

"The results show a serious lack of calcium and protein, which is very alarming."

"What does that mean?" Niall asks, but I know already what's coming. I don't want Niall to hear this, but apparently I have no other option.

"Ms. Parker, are you by any chance anorexic, or on a really rough diet?"

Niall's eyes widen, and his face expression turns from confused and stressed to angry and stressed.

"Uh...I haven't been...since I though I was pregnant."

"I think the best things we can do right now is to get you to get back on track with what you're eating so your calcium levels can come back to normal."

I feel like I'm going to pass out from the looks Niall is giving me, but all I can do is nod and accept a paper from the doctor that has foods and drinks high in calcium and other stuff my organism is apparently lacking from.

Surprisingly, Niall doesn't say anything from the moment we exit the hospital until we get into the car, and the whole ride goes by in an eerie quiet that is nothing but stressful and filled with anxiety.

"Say something." I finally tell him because I can't take the silence anymore.

"What do you want me to say, Renee?"

Shit

If he calls me by my whole name then it's really bad

"I don't know. Just something. I hate it when you're quiet."

"We're going to eat right now." he eventually tells me and turns right on the street that leads us to the city center.

I pout but don't say anything, because I don't want to make him madder than he already is.

He eventually picks an Italian restaurant and I make sure to order a nice, big pizza and it the entire thing right in front of his eyes. The entire dinner/early breakfast goes by even slower and in a more tensed atmosphere than the car ride here, and by the time we're in the car again, I'm legitimately afraid that he's never going to talk to me again.

"Why are you mad?"

He pulls the car up and turns to look at me. "Are you serious? Why am I mad?! Maybe because you've been starving yourself for God knows how long and you may die!"