The Arrival

Chapter 2

I was running through the dense green forest of Northern Washington, about a 30 minute run to where the Cullen's house was located, when I stopped to view the scenery. This landscape is absolutely beautiful; no wonder they liked to return to this place so frequently. The lush green redwoods covered in moss provide a sense of peace, i breathe in deep tasting the scent of surrounding plant life with my tongue. I continue on my run another few miles when I smell an odd scent, it was between the scent of wet dog and the forrest that I loved so much .  I heard a twig snap on the forest floor, I snapped my head around as I was met with a wolf the size of a large horse, growling at me. Now I've seen some wolves in my time and usually they are very friendly to me, but this massive gray and black spotted wolf looked as if I was its next meal.

" Ah you must be the wolves that Alice and Jasper mentioned. Well if thats how you're going to treat me, I might as well have some fun, see if you can keep up." 

I took off leaving  the wolf stunned before it began the chase. Laughing loudly as i run as fast as I can feeling the wolf follow, I make the trees and plants create obstacles as I hear the wolf stumble. I should probably explain a little of my gift, I have the power of Botanokinesis meaning I can create and control the plant life around me.

" You're going to have to do better than that if you want to catch me." I smiled as I heard a growl right behind me. I can feel his breath on my neck as I grab a low hanging vine and start to swing from tree to tree, I haven't had this much fun in a while. As I continue swinging I see the wolf and two others following my trail. A sandy colored wolf slightly smaller then the grey spotted one and a large russet brown wolf.

I stop on a tree just a short distance away from the Cullens house.

" I'd love to stay and play chase with you boys but I have some important matters to attend to, See Ya!"

I race off into the trees once again with them chasing me as I flip from the vine I was holding, the trees made a high swing out of vines for me far enough above the ground where the wolves could not reach, I sat in my little swing and spoke clearly,

" Carlisle! could you call off your attack dogs, I believe they don't like the little game i'm playing with them."

I heard footsteps  walking towards the front porch as i'm met with a group of golden eyed vampires much like myself.

" Violet? What are you doing here?" Carlisle asks incredulously

Rolling my eyes looking at Eddie  as he reads my mind, he says

" She said that Jasper and Alice asked that she play witness to Nessie growing, they have told her of the situation and as she likes to put it would love to see the look on the Volturi's face when they realize that they were miss informed."

" Don't forget that they need to be put in there place " I swing on my swing getting momentum and flip and land on the porch, only after the dogs went into the trees. I see a very pretty brunette clinging to Eddie boy, next to  Rosalie, Emmett, Esme.

" I see so this young one must be your blushing bride. I apologize I was not able to come to the wedding, I may have had over 40 years of practice but I didn't want to risk finding a human that tempted me."

" You know you wouldn't have come to it anyway, you didn't want to be in a dress like the rest of us." Rosalie chuckled

" Ahh my sister how I have missed you so."

" You're Rose's sister?"  The brunette who I assumed to be Bella stated.

" More like Jasper's, perhaps she can tell you her story later." Eddie replied.

" Oh I would absolutely love to but first where is the glorious child? May I please meet her." I ask bouncing on my heels.

" Wait a minute you guys know this annoying leach?"

A native american man walks out of the tree line followed by two others,wearing nothing but cut off shorts may I add, I notice that they are all tall and handsomely built. I take a cautious breath and smell a familiar smell of forrest and wet dog.

" Are you the wolves that were playing with me?" I asked with a grin.

" You're one weird Vampire I thought you were going to attack and then next thing I know you're trying to get me to play a game." The tall man next to the largest one stated he had a cute face and was a little bit shorter than the man in the middle. Oh so he must be the grey one.

" Well i succeeded didn't I ? Oh I won that just for the record." I smirked,

" How did you do that anyway?" The youngest one stated

I giggled, " I'll explain later now let me see the precious child, I'm afraid that I can not contain my excitement."

The man in the middle brushed passed my shoulder rather rudely and walked into the house. Hmmm maybe I can show them now.

" Violet I wouldn't." Eddie says

A tree limb that had been hanging above the porch slithered and wrapped around the mans middle and pulled him out of the house pulling him above the ground and wrapping him around his legs and arms. Walking towards where he was hanging fuming mad I yelled

" So you think you can be rude just because I'm a vampire!! I've been alive for longer than you can imagine and have seen more bloodshed and violence then you can ever dream of, young one! HOW DARE YOU!" I exclaim.

The two other boys come at me as I make the trees bound them and suspend them into the air next to their friend. Much more calmly I state

" Now I think i deserve an apology for this rudeness."

I hear a tinkling of bell laughter as I see a young girl with bronze hair in ringlet curls with brown eyes walking towards me with a smile. She appeared to be about eight years old and had the most adorable face I had ever seen.

" I apologize for Jacob, Embry, and Seth, they didn't mean any harm by it Miss Violet."

I smile down at the young girl and crouch down to her level.

" You must be the young one I have heard a great deal about. You must be very special to have all these creature care for you so."

She smiles, as Bella and Eddie walk towards us, and nod.

" Is that your special power Miss Violet?"

" Why yes it is Miss Reneesme my power is the control and manipulation of plants."

As I talk to the young child I create a White Lilly from the soil and hand it to her and I feel her friends struggle in my vines. She giggles and smells it the turns to her mother

" Momma can you put this in my hair?" Then she turns her attention to me, " Miss Violet can you please let my friends down?"

" Of course young one " I let the vines unwrap from them and place them gently on the ground afraid that if i just let them fall it would upset the child.

" Thank you, Miss Violet can I show you my gift now?"

I smiled as I hear the cussing of the boys ," Of course."

She puts her hand on my face and I see the gruesome scene of what looked to be her mother as a human. Her cheeks were sunken in and she was covered in blood, I then see her father handing her to Rosalie as they start to perform CPR, I see her experiences up until this point, then I see her meeting me. I pull away from the child smiling.

" You are one magnificent child little one, don't worry your Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper sent me to help keep you and your family safe and I will do everything in my power to accomplish it even in the event of my death." I give the child a formal salute of the Confederate Army.

" I vow on my very title as Lieutenant Colonel James Jumper."