"So is Penny," Zack laughed. "She was getting ready to start one of her pies when I left."

"Then I should probably get home and help her."

"Honestly, I think she's got it covered. She was making a layered salad earlier, and I offered to help but she shooed me out of the kitchen."

Zack grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and leaned against the counter, taking a large gulp.

"Well, I should head home anyway," I said, slipping into my coat.

I said goodbye to Zack, giving him a quick hug and Harry walked with me toward the door.

"Glad you guys didn't burn the place down last night," Zack joked as he rounded the corner toward his bedroom. "I can still smell the candles."

*

"Tisa, these sweet potatoes are the bomb!" exclaimed Zack, his fork halfway to his mouth.

"Thanks," I blushed. "Glad you like them."

"Everything is wonderful, ladies," added Harry.

I smiled at him as he reached under the table and squeezed my knee.

"Save room for dessert," I said. "Penny made two pies."

"I always have room for dessert," Zack commented, rubbing his belly.

"Oh!" shouted Penny. "We forgot to say what we're thankful for!"

Zack groaned. "Do we have to go around in a circle? That's what my family does every year."

"Yes," Penny scoffed raising her wine glass. "I'll go first since you insist on being a baby."

"I'm not a baby..."

Penny ignored him and continued. "I'm thankful for my health, my apartment, even though it's small it's all I need. My job to help pay my bills, my band. I'm thankful for my boyfriend, Zack...even though he can be a baby sometimes..."

She eyed Zack who chuckled fondly.

"And last, but not least, my two amazing friends, Tisa and Harry. I love you all so much, and I'm so glad we could spend this day together."

"Hear, hear!" cheered Zack, holding up his glass.

"That was beautiful, Penny," said Harry, reaching over and kissing her on the cheek.

I couldn't form any words. My heart felt like it was in my throat as I wiped away a tear. Only Harry seemed to notice. He grabbed my hand and threaded his fingers through mine.

"Your turn," Penny told Zack.

He stood, making a production of it, clearing his throat.

"I am thankful that I had the balls to finally ask this gorgeous woman out, and that she said yes."

Harry and I laughed as Zack sat back down. Penny pursed her lips and poked him in the side. The light-heartedness put me more at ease as it was now my turn.

"I'm really just thankful for you three," I muttered, looking at my plate. "These last three months have been a whirlwind, to say the least. I don't know if I could have made it through without you."

Lifting my gaze, I looked at each of them individually and told them I loved them.

"I love you, baby doll," squealed Penny as she walked around the table to hug me. "I'm always here for you, you got that?"

I nodded and hugged her back. In such a short amount of time, Penny had become my best confidant. She was truly one in a million.

"Your turn, Harry," I sniffled when Penny had returned to her seat.