Learning Some New Things

Magsimula sa umpisa

She crawled on the bed and layed on her stomach next to him while he sat up against the wooden headboard. "Yes?"

"I know it's a little too late for this questioned, and I think I already know the answer to this, but I want to clarify. Are... are you a um, a virgin?"

Ariana's mouth went dry and she thought about that day. "Um, what makes you ask?" she asked, stalling her answer.

He shrugged and ran his fingers through her damp hair. "I've always wondered."

"Oh." she stated. "Well, yes, I am." She said after a while. "I consider sex a very sacred thing to share with your significant other who will be partnering you in a lifetime commitment. In other words, spouse." she was partly telling the truth. She wasn't a virgin physically, but spiritually she was. She was against her will with 9 different men, it didn't count, she thought. She went to church, had a little talk with the priest and considered herself a secondary virgin. "What about you?" she asked.

"What about me?"

"Virgin?"

He couldn't tell her about "The Game", it was becoming apart of his past. He decided that it should stay there and never be brought up again. "Yeah, I am. I never found the one." he lied. He found plenty of "the one's".

She smiled. "Incredible." she said under her breath.

"Zero sexual partners for you and zero for me. We're even." Michael said, trying to make it seem like he was legitimate. Little did he know he was making it more awkward for the both of them. Ariana has had 9 sexual partners while Michael lost count. The relationship was starting to build on lies, something that always leads to no good.

There came a soft knock at the door. "Come in." Ariana called.

The door opened to reveal Amarissa hiding behind it. "Sorry to interrupt, but may I borrow Yana for a minute please, Michael?' she asked sweetly.

Michael nodded with a smile. "Of course." he said. "Don't take her away from me." he playfully scolded.

Amarissa laughed faintly. "Promise." She shut the door again after Ariana was in the hall, then led her to her guest room.

Ariana already had an idea of what was to be discussed, she just hoped that Amarissa wasn't upset with her. She didn't even know and she didn't even do anything to tempt Randy, ever.

Amarissa pulled Ariana down onto the floor on the comfy carpet and looked at her while she hugged a pillow, looking as if she was about to cry.

"Rissa.. "Ariana started to call, but Amarissa held you her hand, signaling her to be quiet nicely.

"I just don't understand..." she faintly spoke just above a whisper. "Randy acts like he doesn't even want to be with me. Never does he show any level of affection towards me. He's hardly around, and when he is, he doesn't even acknowledge me, Yana!" she then buried her face in the pillow and wept. After a quick moment, she picked her head up and continued, "I saw the way he physically reacted, and it seriously caught me off guard. He was sexually attracted to you, it was clear to see right through his trunks." She laughed at herself out of pity. "I could never get him turned on that quickly. I could never get him that turned on at all." She confessed. "Then I saw the way he looked at you today," she held back another sob, "like he wanted to be with you, it just broke me."

Ariana sat there speechless. She didn't know how to comfort Amarissa because she could see that she was part of the problem herself.

"I know about Randy's affairs. I know about his entire past, now that I've know him for years."

Ariana was taken aback by this. She had no idea Randy was cheating on Amarissa, but she also didn't understand what she meant by "his past". She decided to keep quiet and listen more.

"He was my friend for a while and we realized we felt for each other. After about 2 months of being with him, I found out, but I stayed with him. I just felt that I could change him. I felt like if he stayed with me and realize how much of a woman I could be, he would realize that he wouldn't need to 'befriend' 3 and 4 women all at once," she said putting airquotes around the word 'befriend', "and just love one; love me unconditionally." She paused and sniffed. "I used to not know. I know what everyone means when they say he's worse than Michael, but I had no clue it was this much worse. I mean, he has feelings for his older brother's girlfriend. Who does that?!"

Ariana stopped listening after she heard Michael's name. "...he's worse than Michael..." kept replaying in her head. Ariana had no clue what she meat by that, but she knew she wanted to know. And she was going to find out.

She stayed with Amarissa for a little while longer, then dismissed herself back to the room where she found no trace of Michael. She decided to use this time to go investigate and find out exactly what Amarissa meant by Randy being worse than Michael. She was determined, now.