Slowly, a medium sized wolf trotted and sat at the edge of the hard-wood floor of the front room. It sat there for a moment, looking at Convel with a curious glint in its intense light brown eyes, then suddenly began scratching his brown fur, the light and dark patches seemingly acting as a wave. As Convel raised his eyebrow, the wolf stopped, the lips turned up but slightly baring its teeth, seemly smiling. 

"It's been a long time since I saw your wolf form" Convel sighed, approaching the wolf and scratching the back of its ear "Dad" Suddenly, the wolf flopped over, slightly panting as Convel continued to scratch the back of his father's ears. 

"Um... Dad" Convel replied "Could you stop that, it's really weird even though you are in wolf form" Suddenly the wolf rolled to its feet, with a slight shimmer of lights and bone cracking sound, the wolf slowly transformed into a human. 

A man with brown hair with patches of grey around his temple areas stood in front of Convel, his light brown eyes glistening with wisdom yet with childishness. The man began to straighten his black polo shirt and his jeans with his scarred arms and hands. Donaver Knight, the head of Police and security stood smiling happily to his son.

"So how's everybody?" Donaver asked, leaning against the door frame. Clearing his throat, Covel took a sit on the kitchen table. 

"Um... Everyone's fine" Convel replied, avoiding his father's gaze "But you might want to go upstairs and check on Sabelina" Suddenly Donaver straightened up and for the first time looking serious. After explaining what had happened, Donaver went upstairs straight away with Convel on tow. Stopping in front of the bedroom door, Donaver knocked and waited. 

"Come on, you don't have to wait for permission" Convel replied, opening the door forgetting the warning that was given to him before. Just as he stepped in the room, a book flew past his face, and narrowly missing Donaver's face. 

“Oh” Sabelina replied, noticing her dad “Hi dad, long time no see” smiling happily, then turning to Convel “Didn’t I tell you to knock before you go in?!” Before Convel could retort, Donaver held up his hand to silence his son for the moment. Walking towards his daughter, his face became serious. Reaching the side of the bed, Donaver knelt down and looked at Sabelina.

“Ehhm… Dad, what are you doing?” Sabelina asked. Suddenly Donaver hugged his daughter while crying.

“*hick* *hick* I-I –hought aht ou ere ead *hick* *hick*” Donaver sobbed, while sniffing.

“Sorry, but I didn’t understand what you just said, Dad” Sabelina replied, hugging her father back.

“Translation, dad said ‘I thought that you were dead’” Convel replied, walking inside the room.For the next ten minutes, both Sabelina and Convel had had to console their dad to stop crying.

“Hi dad” Konrad greeted, standing outside the room “Sabelina, permission to enter please”

“Sure” Sabelina replied, sighing in relief. 

Moments later, the eerie silence pierced the reunion of the four; the cold tendrils of the memories of the past 48 hours gripped their minds, reminding them of the last words that were said to them moments before the men that almost killed Sabelina… “Maybe soon we could continue our little game, but you've got to get stronger; I don't want a boring battle like this! I WANT A BATTLE THAT WOULD BE REMEMBERED-!” The cool breeze that penetrated their home reminded both Convel and Konrad that cruel laughter of Howl Chaser.

 Konrad uneasily shifted on the floor, looking at Convel, locking eyes with him. Both nodding, Convel and Konrad turned to Sabelina and their father.

“There’s something we need to tell you guys” Convel replied, altering his sitting position “We – um… When mom left to go shopping, she went out and a cool breeze went into the house and we sort of had a bad feeling that something must happen to her soon and we don’t know if we should trust that feeling or trust mom”Donaver sighed, scratching the back of his head, he replied,

“Don’t worry too much about that; Alice can take of herself since she is one of the strongest and most talented among all of the Werewolves in the region!” Donaver smiled proudly, laughing joyfully; remembering the times he and Alice spent together in missions; his butt seemingly being continually saved by Alice for the most part.

“Well, I should get going” Donaver replied, standing up “I have to go and deliver my report to the Council” After giving his kids a hug each, Donaver walked out of the room; his smile melting away into a frown and fear glistening in his eyes.

“Please, don’t let anything happen to my family” Donaver thought fearfully “Oh lady fate, you’ve already taken more than I can give please spare my family”.