**********************

Several hours earlier….

Sankatmochan stared appreciatively at the buxom woman coming from the opposite side. Then he noticed her hefty, mustached husband staring very nastily at him.

He immediately changed direction to obtain the security of the house and chanced to see a familiar figure entering Ayodhya.

 It was a welcome sight. He'd been dying since yesterday to know every detail of Prithvi's historic visit to that heartless tyrant. Apart from the reason for the visit, he hoped to hear that his friend had slaughtered that old despot and fed the pieces of his body to wild animals.

He also wanted to talk to Prithvi in private about Nandini. He could still see the innocent girl walking away in shame, unable to even meet his eyes. He had to make sure Prithvi was serious about the relationship, not just using the lovely, gentle girl for carnal pleasures.  

He was putting his slippers aside near the steps when he heard Sumer Singh's voice raised in anxiety.

"– but what happened to you?"

Concerned, Sankatmochan hurried into the living room only to see Prithvi going up the staircase to the upper floor. At his insistent questions, Sumer Singh worriedly said something about a muddied shirt and jeans streaked with dried blood around the knees.

Neither of them was forbidden from going after Prithvi and demanding answers. Yet, they remained downstairs, pretending to be engrossed in laying out breakfast, reading the newspaper and examining the contents of the showcase, waiting for Prithvi to return.

Mercifully, he returned in a short while, freshened up.

Sumer Singh instantly got up from the couch and began uncovering the dishes on the table. "Here, my lord, please sit down and have your breakfast."

"No time," Prithvi said briefly, as he sat down on the chair near the door and began putting on his shoes. "Baba, you have two guns, don't you? Are they fully loaded?"

Sumer Singh looked startled by the questions but promptly said, "Yes, my lord. You know I don't feel comfortable if they're not -"

"Good, bring them down. Give one to Mochi and keep one with yourself."

"Keep the guns with us? But why?"  Sankatmochan yelped.

As Prithvi gave a very short gist, Sankatmochan listened with an open mouth. It definitely counted among the most bizarre tales he had heard in his life.

Indrajit, of all people, had informed Prithvi that the former's slimy servant Kundan Singh was leading Vikrant's men to Shamli with the intent of kidnapping Nandini. Prithvi had left from Devgarh as soon as he'd received the message. Jiva, another constituent of Indrajit's camp, was following the car that held Kundan Singh and the other goons, and he was keeping Prithvi informed about the vehicle's movement.