She didn't answer for a moment as she tried to take inventory of the changes in her condition. Her skin felt cool to the touch, the headache had almost disappeared, her throat wasn't aching much, and that sense of dizzying weakness had also subsided.

"Better….much better. Could you put on the light?" she requested, drowsily gathering the thick, shiny swathe of her tousled hair and bringing it forward to drape it over a slight shoulder.

He silently reached out and put on a dim bulb that cast a warm yellow pall over the room and turned back towards her.

"Feel safer now?" he mocked and looked away in palpable irritation.

She looked at him helplessly, wondering how to make up. It didn't help that she was feeling even more horribly unsure of her appearance than usual. Her eyes felt puffy, her face was probably sapped of any colour, her hair was definitely a mess, and her simple nightdress was crumpled. There was nothing that would work in her favour, unless…..

"This isn't fair!" she complained crossly.

The belligerent statement compelled him into looking at her, though she could have done without the intimidating glimmer in his gaze.

"What?" he asked edgily.

"You have no right to be angry with me when I'm not feeling well….especially when I've fallen ill because you didn't let me get out of the rain," she said indignantly. "So in penance, you should take care of me very nicely, not get angry with me no matter how I behave, make sure I'm feeling comfortable and do everything I ask you to!" she instructed, holding up her fingers to count the guidelines and trying extremely hard not to laugh at the cute look of insulted irritation on his face.

He didn't respond, but intently studied the entrancingly pretty face, the captivating smile trembling naughtily on soft pink lips, and huge black eyes looking up at him with warm mischief in their depths. 

She read the intention in his softening gaze before he moved, and though she wanted nothing more than to surrender to the cosy haven of his arms, she kept a very stern hand on his chest to forestall his attempt.

"Don't! What if you fall sick too!" she said anxiously.

"I won't," he dismissed her fears with characteristic arrogance.

With an unsteady sigh, she gave into the insistent pressure of his arms and her own need for some loving comfort and gratefully accepted the hard reassurance of his embrace. Resting her cheek against the solid strength of his shoulder, she closed her eyes and simply soaked in the wondrous sense of peace and safety.

 "I'm sorry I forced you to get drenched," he said ruefully.

"I was just joking about that! I love getting wet in the rain myself," she chuckled, and then earnestly added, "I'm really sorry I reacted like that when I woke up….I was just a little startled."

 "Forget it….to be honest, if you weren't ill, you'd have enough reason to not want me in your room," he confessed, making her smile softly against the smooth fabric of his shirt.