Summary

They met in the oddest of all place: the Romance section of a bookstore. She was just browsing trying not to be embarrassed when she saw him. She didn't know it at the time, but that one moment would change everything for her. He would pull her out of the dark place that she had been sinking into for 12 years. It was that was so close to swallowing her whole. Particularly now, when she had nothing to tether herself to or distract herself with. There were no friends to focus on, no band, no book. She was floating alone and drowning, but in that moment everything would change and he would teach her and help her swim.

He didn't know it when he saw her perusing the romance section of the local bookstore, but she would change him. Teach him to grow up, teach him what love is, how empty his life was before her. He didn't know it but she would change him in the best way. She would light his life and give him a reason to wake up each day.

However, in that moment neither said a thing to the other. They simply looked at each other before looking away having felt weird at making eye contact. They didn't know how that one moment would change them both forever in a way neither could ever imagine.