You're Beautiful

*Alarm clock going off*

Alden reached for his alarm clock on the side of his bed to turn it off.

7:30 AM.

He quickly got up and walked straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

Alden lives alone in his small condominium. His family moved to London a few years back, but he chose to stay in Texas because he likes the weather and he's got a stable job as an E.R. nurse at Memorial Herman Hospital in Downtown Houston.

Life is pretty good for him. Even though he's been single for the past 4 years; he didn't feel alone, because he enjoys his job and the company of his friends.

So this is just a normal day for him. After taking a shower, he went down to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee and toasted bread for breakfast. Then he goes back to his room to put on his white scrubs. Pretty normal routine, although his work schedule varies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Alden's POV*

"Hey Alden, Ms. Becky wants you to report to her ASAP." That was Cory, he's one of my closest friends. He actaually referred me here right after I graduated. Really cool dude.

"Oh, ok! Is she mad or something? I wonder what I did..." I've never been called to report to Ms. Becky before; so I don't know what to expect.

"No, I don't think it's anything bad." He tapped me on my shoulder and left.

I proceeded to walk to Ms. Becky's office. I don't know why, but I am nervous. I knocked on her door three times before she yelled for me to come in.

"You wanted to see me Ms. Becky?" I said while closing the door behind me.

She was looking at some charts before looking up to me. "Yes. Please, take a seat." She gestured with her right hand pointing to the chair in front of her.

I sat on the chair.

"I am looking at your performance, and I have to say that you are a very good nurse..." she paused and looked at me for a second before continuing what she wanted to say. "I will be straight with you. My mother is sick. She is in a really bad shape. Her doctor wanted her to get a personal nurse that will come five times a day for maybe an hour or two at the most to check her up. I don't wanna refer her to a home health agency because to be honest, I am not comfortable with having a stranger visiting her specially when I am not around. I would like to hire you for your services and I will pay you double of what you're getting paid an hour in this hospital. Would you be able to do this for me?"

I really don't know if I wanna do it or not, but at the same time, I don't wanna say no. Oh well. Let's try it then.

"I'll try my best to take care of you mother Ms. Becky. Thank you for this opportunity. "

"Thank you Alden." She smiled and handed me an envelope. "Inside is my address and information about my mom. Medication regiments and her medical and health history are in there as well. I'll see you tomorrow at my residence. Don't worry about your schedule. I'll see to it that you don't get over worked." She smiled again.

"Thank you ma'am." I thanked her as I proceeded to leave her office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rang the door bell outside of Ms. Becky's house. It took me 2 tries before somebody answered the door.

A woman, not Ms. Becky. I couldn't help myself but just stare at her beautiful face as she greeted me with a smile. Her eyes. They're the most beautiful set of brown eyes that I've ever seen. The kind of eyes... so expressive, so innocent, so tame. Her long brown hair complemented her perfectly heart- shaped face. At that exact moment I knew... i knew how it feels to fall inlove. To fall inlove at first sight.