p r o l o g u e •

(A/N: Okay guys so this is just a random idea. It's not really great but it's different, I guess! So here you go. Will try putting up chapter one as soon as possible. Do vote and comment if you 'likes' this!)

Status : Edited

<<<>>>

I sat on my bed, holding an invitation in my hand.

Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra
together with
Mr. and Mrs. Murthy
cordially invite you to attend the wedding of their children
Manik Malhotra
And
Nandini Murthy
At The Leela, Andheri East
From August 10-13, 2015
At 8:30 p.m.
Engagement on August 2, 2015

What kind of a life was this? I was getting married to someone whom I'd never seen. Who is this Manik Malhotra? Why was I getting married all of a sudden? Nothing made sense to me.

How did he look? What if he wasn't the right one for me? Then? What if he hated me just as much as I did? What would happen then?

The thing that shocked me the most was that I never even saw this wedding coming. My parents wanted to keep it a surprise. They didn't want to tell me. Who keeps their daughter's wedding a surprise? I surely had one hell of a family.

I was going to get married and everyone except me were even excited about the fact. Urgh...

And guess what's funnier than that? They think I love him. I mean, I haven't even seen him in my life. How could it be possible that I was in love with someone and others knew about it when I had never even seen him?

My dreams were shattered in a matter of seconds. I felt the world slip under me. Things were happening, for real. My life was going to change. Just imagine, a girl who believes in true love when fireflies glow, is going to have an arranged marriage with some moron on the planet called Manik Malhotra. What would I tell Navya? And Madhyam?

"Urgh... I already hate you, Manik Malhotra." I grunted under my breath.

<<<>>>

(A/N: That's it for now. Did you like it? Want more? Do vote, comment and follow me. Love you all. Tell me whether you liked it, okay?)