Alone With You

Cade's POV

One week... I'd been fighting all my wolf's instincts for one fucking week. She acts like we're dating when we're together around family and friends. But the second we're alone she treats me like I'm a leper.

This whole mate bond thing is driving me fucking insane... I've never wanted to fuck someone so bad in my life.

And on top of that I shifted for the first time Friday. It has been pure hell having his voice in the back of my head every single moment I'm with her... Maybe I could try to explain to her what's happening inside me right now.

'Call her... Hear her voice, she's our mate, she can't stay away too long...'

Just great... Not even noon yet and he's putting his two senses in...

'You know I can't... She said texting only...'

'Then do it... Don't be a she-wolf... Grow a pair...'

I sighed and grabbed my phone.

I scrolled through my messages to her number. Without even thinking about it I sent her a text.

C: Morning Babe...

I waited for what seemed like ever... Maybe she was still asleep... She might be with someone...

N: I thought I said not to call me babe or anything along those lines? We may be mates but we are not dating....

My wolf growled at that... Was she serious...

C: You're my mate regardless... I can call you whatever I want.... You're mine.

My wolf growled in agreement. She had no right to tell us what not to call her. I got up and grabbed a shirt. I looked at my phone... She hadn't answered me... What the hell...

'She doesn't want us... Why is she not answering?'

'Great question...'

C: You will answer me when I text you.... Understand?

Harsh I know...But she was my mate... My female she would answer me... I sat there for ten minutes waiting for an answer. All of a sudden I got extremely pissed. My wolf was taking over. He was angry that she wasn't answering. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer...

"Hello? What can wonderful me, do for annoying you?" I growled under my breath. She didn't know what she was messing with.

"Why in the hell are you not answering my texts? I sent you two texts that did not get any answers." I was pacing through my living room now. I heard her laugh on the other end of the phone. She was brave. I was five seconds away from breaking something.

'We need to claim her... Make her understand our pain.'

I ignored him. She finally answered.

"I'm cooking your highness; I'm a wolf with a need for sustenance. And I am in no mood to entertain the weird emotions of yours, so unless there is an amazing reason to this phone call. Bye bye..." She started to trail off...

'She is with someone. She's with another male.'

'No she's not. She wouldn't.'

'How do you know? You left it open for her to do it.'

He was right.

"Don't you fucking dare Natalee! Who are you with right now? Is it some human? Did you bring someone home last night?"