Chapter 19.| Coward

Start from the beginning

"I do trust you.. I just need to..I need..to" her words slowly breaking down herself confused. Her eyes had no light or brightness just plainly dull and empty. A hollow smile she gave me, placing her hands on mine slowly moving them away from her and entering the car and driving off.

"I didn't understand why she had left then it had occurred to me her parents weren't here. All day yesterday all she talked about was how her parents where coming to see her and they were flying in the,morning. Was she upset that they didn't show up? Their was other moments the exact situation happened she didn't want anyone to know that she was upset she was never angry at them...not one bit. She just accepted it.

What I thought the reason for her action wasn't it at all, the reason for her action the r-reason for blank expression, t-the reason for the hollow smile.. Was because her parents died that day in a plane crash.

"W-why didn't she tell me?"

"Why didn't she trust me?"

"Was I that useless that I couldn't help her?"

"Was I angry that I couldn't do anything or was I sad that she couldn't rely on me?"

"All these ran through my head I didn't understand why she did what did." I took in a deep breath. My bangs covered my face as I catch the tear trying to escape. "I could have done something?!" In reality I was more angry at myself than at her.

"Her hands shake don't they?" I rest my chin on the palm of my hands,closing my eyes. "...it's just like back then.." I muttered. "My guess...the reason for that is all the emotions she doesn't accept, she knows their dead yet she can't accept."She probably remembers something about her parents deaf or something about her rain."

Her rain...that her story to tell..

"Henry." I called out to Kaoru's butler. The car came to a halt, he stepped outside out the car opening my side door.
"I answered you're question,now do me a favor and take care of her and hopefully you'll do a better job that I could have ever done." I exit the car thank the butler. Not bothering to say goodbye to the low-class chef or my beloved childhood friend.

'What a disgraceful sight' I wipe the remaining tears away. 'What disgraceful site indeed.' I say entering the Nakiri estate.

Soma P.O.V~

'because her parents died that day in a plane crash.' I don't know how it feels to lose someone you love, it must have caused her a lot of pain. But is it enough to cause a person to shut down all their emotions? To push people away? I wonder if theirs more to the story?

"Hey,Megumi-chan do you know were my dad went?" She shakes her head 'no'. "I'm going to take a walk,be back."

"Be safe! Soma." I wave goodbye at exit the dorm to a much needed night stroll. When I step out into the street,I hear two familiar voices talking to each other. Curiosity getting the better of me I walked forward to the large Fujimori estate. Stopping right in front on the gate that separates the garden/archery field from the front on the estate.

Third Person P.O.V~

An incoming arrow shot towards the young Yukihira's direction, quickly hiding himself in the shadows of the building from the sharp blade. The arrow was not aimed towards him but was for the other presence who lurked in the shadows. "Show yourself now!" Kaoru hastily yells her bow still aimed at shadow.

Somehow this scene sparked strange sense of déjà vu for Soma.

"It's okay kiddo,it's just me." An older Yukihira walks out into the cast of light radiating of the moon. Soma peeked out his head slightly to get a clear view of of the interaction."I don't know any 'it's me'?! I need a name?!" She pulls back the bow's string that holds the extremely sharp arrow. Even if knew fully well who it's was she needed to be sure if it was really him.

"Now,now don't tell me you forgot about me?" It's Saiba Joichiro." He re-introduced himself.

"It's him.." Kaoru whisper to herself. 'Him?' "I see you still haven't changed one bit. You're still doing archery? Do you remember what I told you?"

"A unsteady bow, A unsteady mind." Joichiro starts. My father always been the poetic type.

"You need to remember that the bow reflects on yourself." Kaoru ends,lowering her bow to her hip.

"What are you doing here?" The Fujimori chef questions. "Well,I came to see my son but who knew you also attended Tōtsuki!" He ruffles up her chocolate brown hair which she quickly fixed.

It's seems like this isn't their first time meeting?

"You're son comes here?" The topic switches towards the other Yukihira chef.

They seem friendly with each other.

"Yeah, I threw him in here. I think this would be a good place for him since he likes to stir up trouble." "Is that so?" She adds in.

"Did you find what you were missing?" He asks her in a serious tone.

"No. I haven't found it." She meets a familiar pair golden eyes. What is she trying to find?

He chuckles. "It's really been sometime since I've seen you! Come on smile!" He approaches the female and strecjes her cheeks in a usual manner. Some how it makes my chest wrench in pain seeing my own father and Kaoru being friendly with each other.

To the selected few who knew about Saiba Joichiro know to be the famous second seat of Tōtsuki described as a nomadic chef who worked his magic from all the restaurants across the world. But to the only living Fujimori he was one of the few pillar of supports for her.

Almost a savior for her, it was a rare chance to see him, since he would constantly travel the world. She was truly glad to see him, he gave her the advice she needed he was one of the reasons she decide to attend Tōtsuki before he had told her her dish lacked in something.

"Maybe you'll find it at Tōtsuki?" "Tōtsuki that elite school? Why?" "Because you never know what Tōtsuki has in restore for you." She recalls the conversation she had a few years ago.

____☆.。.:*

" I'm such a coward, Erina and others had to tell you about my past. I really wished you weren't so curious."

But it's as they say, 'Curiosity kill the cat and only satisfaction bought it back.' So I'll tell you everything okay?

Another cliffhanger!!! Sorry for taking forever, leave your comments! Unti next time see you later! ~ K.S.