Chapter Two

"Everything is ready Magnolia." Theo calls to me from behind the laptop.

I nod at him and walk down towards the window in the suite using my mini flashlight. All lights on this floor are turned off for us.

"Anette?" I ask softly "It's me Magnolia. Where are you?"

A gust of cold wind blows through the room. Theo grabs the infrared camera and quickly turns it on. A white mist appears before my eyes and it forms into a beautiful teenage girl. I always thought she looked to be about 15 or 16, but I never asked her. She always looks the same with her Victorian dress on and her long curly hair.

"Oh Maggie, I swear I didn't do it." 

She must have heard that Sharon was going to call us back over here.

"You know you can tell me anything. I promise I won't be mad at you." I say sweetly to her. She smiles at me and walks closer.

"There's a new spirit here and he is causing all kind of chaos." Anette says with her southern accent.

Oh great. A new spirit usually means that someone just died here. Unless the spirit is a drifter.I have not met too many spirits that can drift from place to place. Usually the ones I do meet are stuck where they are tied down to, and that is usually their place of death.

"Is he friendly?" I ask her. "Does he speak to any of the spirit's here?"

"He has not spoken to me yet. When any of us try to talk to him on the spirit realm, he just ignores us and disappears." 

I nod in agreement to her. 

She is right, that is extremely odd. Usually when I can't see any spirits that means they have slipped to the other side to rest. When any spirit manifests in front of me it can drain them as well. Sometimes the ones that do manifest usually drain your own energy so they can show themselves or try to have physical contact with the living. Some spirits do not even need to rely on the living, they can harness the energy from their surroundings. Those spirits are usually much older, as in they have been dead longer and have more experience on being a ghost.

"What is she saying?" Theo asks me.

"Anette says it's not her. There's a new spirit here." I say turning back to face him.

"Sweet!" Theo says excitedly.

I roll my eyes playfully at him and turn my head back to Anette. I hope she knows how to harness her energy, because I have a huge wedding to shoot in the morning. I cannot be sleepy for this big event.

"Can you bring us to where you last saw him?" I ask Anette.

"Sure thing!" She says excitedly. "I love when you come by Maggie! Everyone else here is so boring. I try to talk to all the new guests that come and go, but none ever see me or even talk back."

"I know, I am sorry. I have just been so busy with my job." I say to her with a warm smile.

"Follow me. He usually likes to stay on the rooftop. But occasionally I will see him terrorizing the guests in here."

She floats backwards and goes through the suite's door.

"I will catch up. Let me unplug the infrared and grab my walkie." Theo says to me.

I nod at him and walk after Anette. The hallway is pitch black and silent as I walk out of the room. Anette lingers a few feet ahead of me. Her white glow gives me enough light to see where I am going. I grab my walkie out of my back pocket and pull it up to my mouth.