Treatment

The iron table was cold.

Casper shivered, the thin blanket covering her front. Her eyes were closed, the bright lights hurting her eyes. Three men walked in the room, all wearing masks and suits to cover their clothes.

"...it's cold." She said as one of the doctors chuckled.

"Don't worry, dear. In a moment, you won't feel a thing." He said, holding up a syringe. She felt the sharp pain in her arm, giving a small yelp as the liquid entered her body.

She found it very strange how she could feel the weird liquid crawl through her, making her feel a bit itchy. She reached to itch on impulse, only to find herself strapped to the table.

"It's a safety measure, no need to panic."

The room lingered with the smell of alcohol, and was dark. The only illuminated spot was where she was.

Her body began to feel numb, and the singing began. It was like someone in the back of her brain was singing to her.

She screamed out when the scalpel dug into her skin the same place where the needle went. The doctors watched in curiosity, the doctor digging into her until he could reach the bone. They covered her mouth, speaking.

"Her bone marrow will become stronger, and her skin will soon become harder than anything we've ever known."

"It's magnificent."

"I was right to choose you, Matoi."

The doctor working on her was young, maybe just a few years older than she was. She noticed how his blue eyes stayed on hers as he sliced her.

"Take the blood from here." He demanded as the other doctor rushed over, doing as told. Tears flew down her face as this happened. Her mouth being tied shut.

'This is what he meant?'

"Casper, do not fret. We are going to save you." He gave a warm smile. "Tear open her chest. We'll give her another dose near the heart."

"But- that's never been done before! That's where she's-"

"I didn't ask you that." He said darkly, taking the scalpel from the other doctor. He began to cut as she tried to scream, her collapsing voice only sending out breaths of air.

++++++++
Odette
++++++++

I listened closely, memories dancing around my head as she gave her last scream. I held the necklace tightly before walking out of the classified section of the hospital. I saw her parents in the office room speaking to one of the doctors.

"What do you mean she's not here?!" The father yelled.

"There are no files on your daughter, sir. She isn't here." The nurse replied.

"I work here, and I saw her enter the surgery room hours ago." Her father said.

"You can't ask us to leave, or daughter is in there!" The mother yelled.

"Sir, your daughter is not in any of our files." The nurse told him, both of them becoming frustrated.

The nurse didn't even know what was happening. She honestly believed the doctor was hallucinating. The mother stood by them closely, eyes widening as she starts to hyperventilate.

I held the necklace tightly in my hands before walking forward.
Maybe I can...

I wanted to give him the necklace and-

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and froze.

That overwhelming presence...

I slowly looked up, seeing him.

He have me a smile, his dark eyes staring into my own.

"Odette. My little swan...what are you doing out here? You should be resting. Your treatment doesn't start until this evening."

I gulped, looking at the floor. He smirked, feeling satisfaction in my fear of him.

"What's wrong-" he stopped, hearing the commotion. "...ah. Worries about the new girl, yes? Don't worry." He said, walking towards the couple. "Our nurse is new, and isn't very good with everything yet." He explained, the father glaring. "I'm sure you've had your first time mistakes...Dr. Maeves."

So her dad's a doctor...

They look alike. Her father had tan skin and braids going down his shoulders. He had hazel eyes and seemed to be, at the least, 26 or older. Around his neck was the same thyme flowered necklace. His wife had green eyes and black hair, her skin cream colored and porcelain. She held a vase of thyme flowers, her fingers trembling.

The Thyme family.

How idiotically ironic.

"Why isn't she in the database, Dr. Silas?" He questioned.

I remember this.

The same thing happened with my parents...

"...Why don't we speak in private, Dr. Maeves."

They went into another room, and I listened closely.

After about five minutes...I heard loud sobbing and yelling.

"NO! NOOOOO!"

I held up the necklace, hiding as the door opened. I watched as the doctor left the room, a smile on his face as he chuckled down the hall.

I peeked into the room, the mother sobbing as the husband sat quietly.

I watched, my body unmoving.

... Maybe....

Ten minutes or longer had passed, no one moving or changing position.

I then realized I was being lifted off the floor. I looked behind me and saw the male nurse that was supposed to keep watch over me frowning.

"Kyle..." I frowned. I punched him in the face before running down the hall. I was stopped by Silas, who held a sedative syringe in his hand.

"You've been free for a bit too long, my swan..." He said as I was grabbed from behind. I tried to get free, only to have him sedate me, shoving the needle in my neck.

My eyes dimmed as I slumped, going limp.

'Damn...why didn't I go in?'