22. If I Die Young

Start from the beginning

 Stiles sighed, seeing that her heartbeat was still there. Things seemed to be looking up and she didn't seem to be coughing up or bleeding black blood, which was good. She was responding to the bite then... this was good, she wasn't going to die. 

Stiles stepped down the hall, thinking it was okay to leave for a quick second to call his dad and Sara's dad. They deserved to know and he knew how much trouble he'd get in for not calling sooner, for letting her get attacked. He blamed himself, everything that's happening he blames himself. Maybe if he hadn't let her go find Lydia on her own then he could have- i don't know, maybe stopped Peter from tearing into his girlfriend. 

"Hey dad.." Stiles answered the phone, sighing as he pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"Stiles, where the hell are you!" His dad yelled at him through the phone. 

"I'm at the hospital, something happened.." Stiles breath hitched up, feeling like he was going to pass out at any second. 

"What happened? What floor are you on?" 

"Third and dad, you need to call Sara's dad...something ha..-" Stiles was struggling to say until he heard yelling coming from Sara's OR and a bunch of nurses and doctors rushing in there. 

"Stiles? Stiles? Stiles, what's happe..-" He heard his dad call out for him through the phone until he dropped it and ran towards her OR. 

Sara was seizing, and there was black blood coming out of her nose and ears. Stiles tried going in there but one of the nurses held him back, telling him that he needed to let them work on saving her. Stiles tried fighting, he needed to be there for Sara but it seemed moot. 

And what happened next, really made his heart fall out of his chest. 

Sara was still seizing until she looked like she was going to sit up but then fell back down on the operating table, not moving at all. They thought maybe the seizure had passed but then the sound of her heartbeat monitor going flat, felt like razor blades in his ears. Sara was flat lining. 

They were starting to charge the defibrillator, trying to restart her pulse. They kept on trying to restart her heart until they finally started CPR. 

Stiles eyes were so blurry from crying, sobbing as he stood there watching his best friend, love of his life, die a slow and painful death. 

"Please, please...Stay with me-stay wit-stay with me...Please, don't go.." Stiles cried as he watched the doctors stop doing CPR, feeling like his heart was going to give out at any second. "No-no, no, no..No, don't stop! Don't stop!" Stiles yelled, trying to go in there but the nurse kept holding him back. 

"I'm calling it; time of death: 9:46 pm." 

He heard the doctor say to all the other nurses and doctors before he fell to the floor in pain. He felt his entire body go limp, loosing the ability to stand, the will to stand. Stiles body hit the floor with a loud thump, he was crying and sobbing on the floor. 

"No-no, no, no..No, no.." Stiles cried, he couldn't believe what was happening. 

The girl who had been his best friend since they were in diapers, the girl he had been in love with since forever, his other half...

was gone. 

Suddenly, Stiles felt his entire world come crashing down around him as he suddenly started breathing heavy. The nurse tried asking Stiles what was wrong but he couldn't talk, he couldn't breath, he felt like he was dying.

"Oh my god, he's having a panic attack. Can I get some help!" The nurse yelled as she tried getting Stiles to calm down but I didn't see that happening anytime soon. There was no way he was ever going to be able to calm down. He didn't see a point in going on if his best friend, love of his life was dead. 

Stiles couldn't picture a world without her in it; he just couldn't.