Eight

Connor's POV [do you guys like Connors POV?]

That prick. He took Alex's dress off, and tried to have sex with my girl.

I mean, she's not necessarily my girl, but anyone who lays a finger on her gets their hand chopped off.

I tell her to get the dress back on, and I leave her to privacy, but I guard the door as she changes. After this, I'm not letting her out of my sight.

I can't help but chuckle to myself, thinking about her unicorn bra. It's kinda cute, the way she acts like she's five. It gives her something that no other girl has, that I can't quite put my finger on.

She walks out of the bathroom with that playful look in her eyes, and I laugh a little harder.

"Alright, red, should I drop you off home?" I ask, and she nods.

"But you have to come in. I want you to meet my twin so you know I'm not lying," she says stubbornly, and now it's my turn to nod.

There's no way in hell this 'twin' is real.

Once we reach my black Porsche, I open the back seat door for her again.

I don't want to hurt her feelings, but she's short, and has no strength. There's no way that an airbag wouldn't injure her.

"Coooooooonnnnnnnnoooooooooorrrrrrrrrr!"

She whines, and attempts to get out of the backseat, but I hold down her legs so she can't move.

"Red, you are too short. If I hear any more whining, I will not be happy," I warn, and she scowls, but finally shuts up.

"Fine," she grumbles, and crosses her arms.

She is too cute.

. . .

Alex's POV

"She is too cute," I hear Connor mumble, probably thinking he said it to himself.

I smirk, but decide not to say anything. Hey, I like annoying people, but sometimes you have to let things go.

.      .      .

The ride home is loud, much to Connor's annoyance.

"HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIIDE!" I sing, with Connor mumbling profanities under his breath.

"I MUST'VE CALLED A THOUSAND TIIIIMES!"

"Jesus Christ, red, do you ever shut up?" Connor grumbles.

"Nope," I smirk, and he scowls.

"Will you at least sing something different?"

I nod.

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves! Everybody's nerves, everybody's—"

"Anything else?" Connor suggests, frustration clouding his eyes.

"1,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 1,000 bottles of—"

"Hello it is!" He shouts.

I continue to sing, Connor continues to curse, and it's the best car ride I've ever been on.

. . .

"Alright, red, here we are," he says, relief lacing his voice.

I step out of the car, grumbling about how I'm leaving the back seat, and walk towards my door.

"Hey red?" Connor calls from his car, and I whip around to see his head sticking out the window.

"What?"

"If anything happens to you, if anyone touches you, even if anyone looks at you funny, then call me," he says, and with that, drives off.

"Overprotective asshole," I mutter under my breath once I've gotten inside of my house.

"Who is?" I hear someone say from beside me, and I jump.

"God, Cara, you scared the crap out of me," I breath, and she chuckles.

"Sorry, sis. But who's this 'overprotective asshole' you're talking about?" She questions again, and I take a seat in the dark brown chair beside her.

"This guy I met, Connor. He's so weird. Like, he pushed away this guy that was sitting next to me, he ordered me to call him if anyone looks at me, and he won't even let me sit in the front seat. Who does that? I'm basically an adult, I can sit wherever I want," I pout.

"Wait... why did he want you to call if anything happened?"

"Oh, um..." I shift uncomfortably, and try to find the words, "well, uh, remember Toby? Yeah, that guy... he um, he showed up at the theater, and he tried to... well, you know, what he tried last time. So anyways, Connor came, and now he's telling me to call if anything happens."

Cara sucks in a sharp breath.

"You have to tell dad," she exclaims, and I hush her.

"No! We can't tell dad. I'm starting to make friends, and we'll just have to move again if he finds out Toby's here," I explain, and she purses her lips.

"Alexandra, just because you got to know some people on your first day here doesn't mean we can completely ignore a rapist who is obviously targeting you," she hisses.

Oh, crap. You know when Liam or Cara calls me by my full name, it's serious.

So what do I do?

I anger her more.

"I don't care! I have people in my life who actually care about me, unlike you, and I'd like to keep it that way!" I yell.

"You know what? Let Toby rape you. I don't give a damn," she says, tears forming in both pairs of eyes as she stomps upstairs, leaving me crying in the living room.
_____
A/N: I think I'm gonna write shorter chapters from now on. There's something stressful going on in my life right now, and I need a lot of time to deal with it. Anyways, thanks for reading! See ya next time. ily, xoxo
-kc