Telling Laurence

Aphmau's pov

I threw the backpack over my shoulder and sat on the edge of my bed. Then, my door creaked open and I saw my little puppy walk in. "Celestia." I said with a tired smile. "Come here girl." I said and she jumped into my lap. I stroked my hand through her soft silky fur and sighed. Then, I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I said as I petted Celestia.

Laurence walked in and he looked confused. "Why did you need me to get Ungrth?" He asked and I stood up. "Laurence......did you know this was going to happen?" I asked and he didn't seem to know what I meant. "You know......about me having to get married tomorrow." Laurence' eyes widened and I took that as he didn't know. "What do you mean!?" He asked sounding worried.

"Mom and dad said that in order to set peace with O'khasis and Phoenix Drop that I have to get married to the eldest prince.......but I don't even know him." I said with a concerned voice. Laurence looked down and he asked "You're going to run away aren't you?" I could tell that he was upset and I said "Yes Laurence.....I don't want to go through with this."

Laurence then hugged me and said "Aphmau........I....be safe." He seemed like he wanted to say something else and he pursed his lips together. "Where are you going?" He asked and I said "I was going to see if Nicole would let me stay with her for a while." Laurence nodded and said "Okay......when are you leaving?" I thought for a moment and then said "I'm going to leave around midnight."

Laurence let me go from the hug and he said "Aphmau......let me go with you." I shook my head and said "No. I can't allow you to be stripped of your title. You know if my parents find out that you helped me escape they will have you banished back to Meteli." Laurence frowned sadly and said "Fine.....are you going to take Ungrth?" I nodded and said "I am, but I will make him come back to Phoenix Drop when I get to Scaleswind."

Laurence looked sad and then he said "I won't be there when you leave." I knew that but I still felt like crying. "Laurence, I'm sorry. I want to stay here but...I don't want to get married to a person I know nothing about." Laurence seemed to understand and he hugged me once more. "Aphmau.........I-I" Then, Laurence was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Aphmau, are you packed?" A voice said from the other side of the door. "Y-yes I am." I replied. "Okay, now don't forget about tomorrow." The voice said and I looked down. I could hear footsteps leading away from the door and I said to Laurence "I will miss you but don't you think I'm going away forever." He smiled and I then remembered "Oh yeah, Laurence, you take care of Celestia while I'm gone."

Laurence gave a small nod and I smiled. I opened my window and crawled out. I wanted to go say goodbye to a few people before I left.

(Hope you liked it so far. I am going to be publishing this story ever other day so hope you enjoyed.)