35. Wedding Album

Start from the beginning

or

‘I lost my phone number, so can I have yours?’ 

and

‘If I say you have a wonderful body, will you hold it against me?’

That’s so lame and corny!  Who invents these things?

And I doubt any of them are going to work on her.

Damn!  I am not good at this!

She ordered a margarita.  Here’s my cue.

“The best margarita in town for the beautiful lady.”  I said.  Even I, thought that sounds creepy!  “Can you sign, Ma’am?”

She didn’t answer.  She was just staring at me.  Her expression looked… I don’t know, star-struck or something.

Hmmm… I guess she likes what she sees.  That gave me enough confidence.

“Can you sign, Ma’am?”  I repeated.

“Oh.”  She said and she signed the tab.  I can’t help but notice that her fingers were slightly shaking.

“Thank you.”  She said.

“You’re welcome Madam.”  I said.  “Enjoy your drink.  Just call me if you need anything else.”  I said, grinning at her, flashing her my perfect set of teeth and the dimples on my cheek. 

Flirting.  Yes, I am definitely flirting with her, and she looked dumbfounded.

“And what name would I ask for?”

There!  We’re getting somewhere. 

“Ryder.”  I replied.

“Alright.  Thanks, Ryder.”  She said.

I stood there for a while, waiting for her to tell me her name.  But she only smiled at me and I realized that was the only reply I was going to get.  She’s teasing me.  Alright!  Two can play this game, I thought. 

“Alright.  Perhaps when I bring you your next drink.”  I said, and I winked at her.

I felt like a high school boy reeling with excitement.  What is it about this woman that unnerves me?  She got under my skin the minute I laid eyes on her.  And I can’t forget the feel of her in my arms.  Although I doubt that she recognizes me from the jewelry shop.