Prologue

*3rd Person P.O.V*

Darco Malfoy watched from afar as Hermione Granger walked through the barrier of platform 9 and 3/4. Both Hermione and Draco had been changed immensly by the battle, they had been left scarred physically and mentally, but Hermione was left undoubtably broken and hurt. Draco had been depressed and guilty for the months after the battle, but when it was announced that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry would reopen, he decided to give himself a second chance in the hope that others would follow his actions. Hermione however, was constantly tormented by images of loved ones and friends' murders replaying over and over in her mind, the faces of the deceased like a stop motion film replaying again and again every time she closed her eyes, tortured by their last moments. The war had changed her for the worst. Two days after the war she had gone in search of her parents and attempted to replace their memories, but they screamed and yelled at her as if they didn't know her, they had no idea who she was. After that, already being on the verge of a breakdown, something in her shattered, what she could only describe as her damaged soul being torn into millions of unrecognisable peices. She just snapped.