Chapter 16 -The Blackest Day

Start from the beginning

"This will take us up to the side door, from there we can create a diversion for the Blighters." She said smartly, as you followed with a nod, sweeping the strands of your (hair colour) hair back from your face, the pair of you taking a moment before you stepped present onto the brown rusted steps, ascending the narrow flight up to the side door in question.

With her pale and slender fingers, Maria gently pressed down on the handle as the door opened slightly, not enough to alert the Blighters though.

"What now?" She hissed, making your mind figure and puzzle. You thought you were all out of ideas of what to do, before you saw the smoke bombs on her belt, a smile played like a film reel in the corner of your lips.

"I'll throw this," you started with a whisper, "then you run through to the office, once they see your figure in there among the smoke they should run in- use the door on the other side to escape, but push the crate in front of it while I jam the main lock."

It was reassuring and satisfactory to see when Maria's smile told you she was more than happy with your plan, and so you didn't waste a moment in plucking the bomb from her belt and tossing it into the factory, the place quickly becoming shrowded in a thick smog.

"Go!" You hissed, as Maria ran in through the smoke and into the small double exit office- as you had planned.

"What the bloody-" the Blighters started, coughing and spluttering as they moved away from the confused looking cat in the iron cage, fumbling and stumbling along the floorboards, walking around in the smoke like the risen dead. You had to admit, it was rather funny to watch.

"Oi! In there!" Another female blighter squawked, her bony finger pointing to Maria's silhouette in the office, and just like you had thought, they all went running into the office, boots clammering against the wood as all seven Blighters soon found them self crammed into the office, trying to Squirm to get back to the other exit before you rushed in, slamming on the brakes as you slammed the door shut on their protests, leaning all your weight as you used your workshop pocket knife to jam into the lock and pick at the springs.

"Fucking Rooks! You'll get what's coming to ya!"

"Oh fuck off, you daft red twats!" Maria spat, using the wanker hand sign at them through the window as you rolled your (eye colour eyes), sighing.

"Not helping!" You groaned, thinking you might've misinterpreted your skills before finally, the firm click and the tightness of the spring gave you all the confirmation you needed- even more of a relief when you watched them try to bash the door down with little success.

"Excellent work, (name)!" Maria chortled, swaggering over towards the caged Socks, who mewed innocently at her.

In that second the unmistakable sound of the grappling hook let you know Jacob was on his way up, and just a second or two later he appeared on the wide window of the factory, smirking with effortlessness.

"Wonderful work, ladies." He praised, striding across the wooden boards to the small table, picking up the rickety iron cage carefully, holding it eye level to examine Socks.

"They've not done anything." He analysed, before handing the cage to Maria. "Tony will be happy."

"Where are they?" Maria scoffed, "I thought they were meant to be with you."

Jacob chuckled softly, "they were taking care of a few Blighters guarding the factory for me." He added smugly, "after all I can only be in one place."

"Aye, that be true Mr Frye." Maria sighed, clutching the cage tight. "Let's go- we shall meet you by the carriage." She started, before gesturing her head to the previously used side door, the pair of you bolting quickly down the stairs to make your escape, glad when you saw Tony, George and Jacob all running for the carriage too.