Chapter 1

Danielle's POV:

"Danielle Jones" I stand at the sound of my name being announced as I make my way up the stairs. My heart beats in a faster pace than it should be and it reminds me to take a deep breath as I stand on the first step.

One down, two to go!

Smiling at my accomplishment of climbing two wooden stairs gets me over excited as I decide to jolt up the third and final stair but I realise how much of a terrible idea it is when the hall fills with the sound of laughter whilst I lay flat on the floor.

Too embarrassed to do anything I contemplate whether to fake a faint or cry...

"Danielle? Get up! We need to get ready!" The sound of screams gains my attention as I blink several times before my sight begins to clear.

I guess I decided to faint...

"We have 5 hours to get ready before we graduate!" Amy's enthusiasm makes me sprint up realising I'm in my bed. "Oh thank god" I sigh with relief looking around my flat and then to my roommate who just has confusion written all over her face.

*

"Oh my days, I can't breathe" Amy says from laughing too much.

"I can tell, but stop laughing because a) it was a really scary moment for me and b) you're going to hurt the little one" I point towards her stomach.

"5 months and I don't even look it, should I be worried?" She says with worry clear in her eyes.

"The doctor said it's normal, it is your first after all so chill" I tell her calmly as I watch Jacob appear behind her wrapping his arms around her stomach smiling over at her before they share a kiss.

"Haha, third wheeler" I say pointing to myself "...fourth wheeler" I point to Amy's stomach as they laugh.

I look around the university seeing students with their families and friend. Can my family try and get here on time? I think laughing to myself.

"Are these my young wizards" The voice of Hagrid from Harry Potter sounds close to us as I turn around seeing Alex.

"Voldemort!" I scream as I run and hug the idiot and we both jump up and down like a pair of 5 year old girls. "Not even going to lie, I didn't miss you" I say and he laughs but then stops after realising what I said.

"No girl...you're bluffing" he says with a hopeful smirk as I punch his arm "obviously" as I laugh at him and he greets Jacob and Amy.

"Look at you all...growing up" Alex says like a proud parent. "You know what's been the most surprising?" I ask them and they wait for my reply.

"The fact that Alex is in the police academy" I state with surprise as Jacob agrees.

"Guys, we'll be back in a bit, need to make sure we look good. Things like this only happen once" Amy says dragging me towards the girl's washrooms.

I open the door first and laugh at the sight of the cramped washroom with the girls from our course taking selfies and fixing up their make-up. "Guys come in" Megan calls as we rush towards the camera without being asked twice.

*

"Finally" I sigh as I walk towards and hug my mum, dad, Michelle and Nathan. "My girls have grown up too quickly" Dad says as I laugh as he tightens me into a hug.

"Dad I am not getting married" I state whilst trying to gasp for some air as I call out for mum who just stands there and laughs.

"C'mon we need to go grab seats" I say as they all follow me into the hall "oh sugar" I stop in my spot as they look at me confused "I don't know where I left my hat" I yelp thinking of the most exciting part of the costume.