Chapter 25: Pain of saying Goodbye

Start from the beginning

          Do you know how painful it is? Seeing the one you love happy with someone else? That no matter how much effort you give, you can never make her smile like what he can do?

          It's too painful to accept the fact that no matter how hard I try to be perfect in front her eyes...

          I can never be him. I can never replace him.

          The smile slowly fades from my lips.

          I lose.

          I raise my phone and raised it to my eye level.

          There was a legend that I watched in one of Hanna's anime that when you set the stolen photo of someone you love as your phone's wallpaper, without her/him knowing it for one month or more, you'll be together. That no one can separate you from her.

          This day was supposed to be my 30th day. But why is it...why is it...

          I can see droplets of water from my phone's screen. And before I knew it, tears flow from my eyes.

          The legend lied to me.

          I clear my throat and wipe the tears in my eyes and dial her number.

          She looks so happy in my wallpaper. She's smiling towards me.

          But I guess, stolen photos, the expression of people there, wasn't and can never be meant for you in the end.

          While the phone continues to ring, I saw her riding on that car. It might belong to JD or something.

          I ended it when she shuts the door.

          I look at her from where I am standing.

          Can I really let her go?

          Why is it that love is not selfish? Bakit kailangan nating pakawalan yung taong mahal natin para lang sumaya sila? Bakit hindi pwedeng isipin mo muna ang sarili mo kung sasaya ka ba sa gagawin mo?

          Can't I have her for myself only? Can I keep her?

          But I know that is absurb.

          Love is not selfish. Love is kind. Even though you'll get hurt in the end, as long as you set aside your selfishness and yourself gratification, everything will be fine...for the people you let go.

          I try to dial her number again. And after a few rings, she pick it up.

            [Hello—]

          "Let's break up Rina."

          I was shock to hear myself being stern and firm. I can do this.

          Love is not selfish right?

            [Xander...]

          "I can see that you finally decided who to choose now..."

          That's a mock for myself. Dahil noong una pa lang, alam ko na naman kung sino ang pipiliin nya sa aming dalawa.