Jordan and Kent (2nd prequal to the werewolf series)

Începe de la început

"Are you okay?" she finally managed to gasp. Her voice was like music and Kent found himself wanting her to say more. It was soft and fairy like just like the rest of her.

"Never been better." Kent said from where he lay on the sidewalk. He would have gotten up already but he was waiting on his hip to heal because he was fairly certain it was broken.

"Do you need help?" Jordan asked holding out a tiny hand to help him to his feet. Kent was more than happy to take her hand and let her help him to his feet. He put some weight on his left leg and was happy that his hip seemed to be okay now.

"Wow." Jordan said as she looked him up and down. She had expected him to have some height to him since he was so muscular but he did not. He was taller than her but shorter than her mother and sisters and definitively shorter than her father and brothers. He was short, and stocky and his black hair was cut close to his square shaped head and his brown eyes were looking her up and down with the same sort of assessing gaze.

"Wow what?" Kent asked finding that his brain wasn't working properly as he looked at her. Everything about her was tiny and he found himself feeling like a giant for the first time in his life.

"You're short." Jordan said matter of factly. Kent stared at her in shock with his 'giant' bubble sufficiently busted.

"Well you're not exactly tall, tinker bell." he replied. He saw anger flash in her blue eyes and she snorted and put her tiny hands on her tiny hips.

"This is just great! My own freaking mate is insulting me." she snapped in her high pitched voice and this made Kent smile. He liked the way her voice sounded when she yelled at him.

"You insulted me first. And maybe I like tinker bell." he replied. Jordan opened her mouth to say something really sharp and witty back but nothing came so she snapped her mouth shut again. She wished she was more like Bethany or Lane. They always had a comeback.

"I think maybe that the fates made a mistake. There is no way that you are my mate." Jordan said and she turned and walked away. Kent felt a moment of panic and he told the damn wolf in him to calm the hell down as he took off after her.

"What's your name?" he asked. Jordan rolled her eyes. Between the wolf in her screaming at her to touch her mate and her mate's clueless nature about her lack of interest in him she was quickly losing her patience.

"Jordan." she replied.

"Jordan." Kent repeated. Clearly the woman was going to make this difficult. Kent hated difficult women but couldn't seem to walk away from her. He had a feeling his life had just become a lot more interesting and well... difficult.

"I'm Kent." he said. Jordan nodded and tried to ignore the tremors that past down her spine as she felt his breath on her neck. "Where are we going?" he asked.

"I am going home. I don't know where you're going." she replied matter of factly. Yep definitely one of the difficult damn women that he couldn't stand.

"I am your mate and I am going with you." Kent replied. Jordan looked over her shoulder at him to see that he was grinning and had his hands in his pockets as he walked behind her.

"I'll just get my father to kill you." she replied calmly and she smiled when she saw him trip over his own feet and stumble a few steps before steadying himself. He didn't respond but he didn't leave either and soon he was following Jordan through the front door of her family's adobe brick home.

Jordan took a deep breath and realized that they were home alone. How did this happen? There was always somebody here!

"We're alone." Kent said with a wicked grin as he walked toward her. Jordan jumped back and ran into the counter with her hip. Her eyes filled with tears of pain but instead of acting concerned, Kent laughed.