Chapter 11: De-stress (All)

Start from the beginning

"I've definitely needed a vacation," I murmured, watching a few young children jumping through the waves.

"You can't swim Miyako, where do you think you're going?" Ayato pointed out, grasping my upper arms firmly.

"I can now, actually. Not very well, but I can."

"Ayato is right," Reiji interrupted, standing beside me. "You shouldn't stress yourself out with all the heart trouble you've been having recently."

"Right," I agreed, sighing.

"How is this supposed to be fun?" Subaru asked, crossing his arms and surveying the water from the bank.

"Water makes you feel like you're floating," I answered, pushing further through the water with Ayato's hands slipping possessively to my waist. "It's supposed to be more relaxing than fun I suppose."

"I'm thirsty," Kanato called, still standing on the shore near Subaru in his purple swim trunks.

"Get something from the bar," I suggested, wading in further. "I don't want any open wounds while we're at the pool, there are so many diseases I can pick up that way and that wouldn't be good for either of us."

"That slide over there looks pretty fun," Laito said, pointing to a twisting purple one that looked like it shot out into a basin. "Whirlpool, I think it's called. Let's go Miyako!"

"I think that's a good idea," I agreed, grinning and splashing out of the pool

"You're getting water on me!" Kanato complained, but I ran forward and threw my arms around his neck. 

"The water's warm, Kanato, come with us!"

"I suppose," he muttered. "What about Teddy?"

"Teddy can lounge on our chairs and enjoy the warm air. Do you think that would be pleasing to him?"

"Yes," Kanato agreed, smiling at Teddy and placing the stuffed animal onto the chair, propped up on our bags.

"You too Shuu, come with us!" I encouraged.

The blonde vampire opened a crystal blue eye and appraised my smiling face from his lounge chair. He let out a groan, but took his headphones out and tucked them into his bag.

"Yes!" I laughed throwing my arms around his waist in a hug since I was too short to reach his shoulders. "You'll have fun, I'm sure!"

"So, Miyako, have you been to one of these parks before?" Laito asked, slipping his fingers through mine and walking beside me toward the slide.

"Oi, Laito, hands off," Ayato growled.

"Hey," I chuckled, holding my other hand out to Ayato. "There's no need to try and one up each other. It's useless to try. And no, I haven't been to anything like this."

The redheaded vampire refrained from taking my hand and instead stalked ahead. Shuu, however, took the chance and laced his fingers into my own. Grinning, I squeezed it reassuringly.

"Whiplash Whirlpool," I said aloud, reading the sign at the beginning of the path.

"Hm," Reiji muttered, examining the warnings. "People with heart problems should be wary of this ride- Miyako that's you."

"I think this is just fine," I said firmly. "My issue seems to be triggered more by distress than eustress."

"Alright then, but I'm not fishing you out when you pass out," Reiji shrugged and I released Shuu and Laito to lay a hand on his arm reassuringly.

"Let's go!"

I lead the pack, Laito close behind with Kanato wailing about not wanting to be last. That wasn't much of something to worry about; especially since Shuu was usually last by default.