Seasonal Feathers ~Japan x Reader

AN: Hello! This is a sonfic for Japan/Kiku, I hope you like it :) please, could you comment? I would be happy if you did.

~Winter~

The pure snow flutters slowly and gracefully down, colouring the mountain ridges the palest colour of white; this meaning the start of winter has just arrived.

In this tiny, desolate village is a run-down home and inside that home are two people who are madly in love huddling together by the fireplace during that cold winter night, frozen breath, hand in hand and happily waiting for the snowing to stop.

"It was also snowing like this long ago; it reminds me of the day we met..." Your lover softly mummers in your hear with a slight smile plastered on his face.

You gasp then your cheeks flush a bright crimson as you both think to that day back then, the day you found the one you will love for the rest of your love; you then hide your face within the shadows casted by his large sleeve from his yukata.
You feel him stroke the soft surface of your silky (h/c) hair in a gentle and caring manner, his eyes closed, still smiling, showing clear signs of pure happiness and relaxation.

‹Flashback›

There you were, a white hood over your head that slightly covers your (e/c) eyes; you stand on his porch, feeling like you are freezing half to death so you knock on his door, shivering.
Kiku puts down the book he was reading when he heard the knock and hurries to answer the door.

'Who could be here so late at night?' Kiku wonders

When Kiku slides his door open, he sees you look up at him, your (e/c) eyes gleaming with hope and your (h/c) hair slightly revealed.

Kiku stood there, instantly lovestruck, he had never seen such a beautiful girl... He only needed to gaze into your eyes to realize that you are the girl he wants to be with for all eternity.

"Hello there..." Kiku shyly says with a kind smile

"H-Hello, mister..." You reply, still shivering slightly

"How may I help you? Are you okay?" Kiku asks, concern laced in his soft voice.

"I-I am really cold, I really hate asking things like this but I was wondering if I was able to stay the night here?"

Kiku smiles at how timid you came across, thinking it's cute and nods.

"Why of course you can, but may I know your name?" Kiku asks you

"I am _____ _____... What's yours?" You ask

"Honda Kiku, I am very pleased to meet you, _____-San." Kiku says to you, bowing slightly and you also bow in response.

"I am pleased to meet you too, but its just _____, there are no need for honorifics." You say with a slight giggle and he nods silently and lets you inside.

His house was quite large though it looked very old and had very little inside so he must be very poor to live in such conditions but that doesn't matter to you, he was kind enough to let you stay the night and that's all you really cared about.

Though that one special night happened to be the best night of your life and it ended up being 6 years instead of you staying there instead of just one night, when you were set off to leave Kiku would beg you stay and you just couldn't say no to this man, you fell for him that night and then you both got married in only 5 months, you both didn't own much but you both live a rich and fulfilling life together.

‹Flashback end›

You both realise it is late by the way the moon is positioned and then you both walk to the futon you both sleep on, once again huddling up to each other as the two of you do every night and then Kiku whispers in your ear softly.