I quietly looked down. 

"Yeah...I'm sorry. I just--" I said, looking back up. 

"No, no. It's okay. You don't have to explain yourself..." Mrs. Collins said, but I heard the sadness in her voice. 

I slightly nodded. 

"Did he tell you he got a B+ on his last test?" 

I plastered on a fake smile.  

"Did he?" I asked, but I already knew. 

She nodded with a smile. 

"That's great..."

"It was all because of you..."

I looked down. 

"No... he did it on his own," I said. Mrs. Collins stayed silent. I looked up.

Mrs. Collins's smile faded. 

"Not if it wasn't for you, Lucille."

This time, I stayed silent. 

"Ethan misses you," she said. 

I looked up in surprise. 

"I know. Any mother would know. I saw the change in his attitude ever since you tutored him and it wasn't because he understood the lessons...I saw the spark between you two the night I asked you to stay for dinner. I saw the eager and excitement in Ethan's eyes. Something happened between you two, didn't it? That's why you can't tutor him anymore."

I shook my head. 

"I can't...I have to go."

I turned around. 

"His quizzes and homework haven't been so well. It could jeopardize his chances. Please, Lucille! You and I both know, he needs you. Please help him again," she cried out.

I quickly walked away. I felt the tears rolling down my face, but I quickly wiped them away. As soon as I got to Theo's car, I opened the door and got in.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked. 

"Let's just go," I said, staring out the window. Theo drove away. 

We finally reached my house and Theo walked me to my door. 

"Um, thanks for dinner and for bringing the movie over," I said. 

"Of course. Besides, you promised me so I should be thanking you," he chuckled, but I didn't give the same response. His laugh faded and his face became serious. 

"Was that Ethan Collin's mom who you were talking to?"

"Yeah..." I whispered. 

"What did she want?"

"Nothing...You should get going...it's getting late" I said, before turning away. 

"Wait, Lucille." I turned back around. 

Theo grabbed my shoulders and pulled me closer. He leaned in for a kiss, but I quickly brought my hands to my lips. He looked surprised then upset. 

"Theo, I'm sorry..." 

"No, no, its my fault. You said you just got out of a complicated relationship and... God, I shouldn't have done that." 

"No, it's okay." I tried to give a reassuring smile. 

"Lucille, I know you're trying to get over..."

"Theo, I'm a little tired. Can we talk tomorrow?" I cut him off. It was rude, but I knew where Theo was going with this. I tried to deny it, but tonight confirmed it. I couldn't have him have feelings for me when Ethan was still in my heart. I turned around and opened the door.