Chapter 1

It all happened so quick. It was almost midnight. Since my dad goes into work late at night, my parents don't mind that me and my sister stay up late.

They came and killed the people I once knew, the ones I loved. I hid in my the closet downstairs before they got to me. I heard the screams of pain from my family.

We were playing hide and seek and It was my turn to hide and my family was supposed to come find me. I hid in the closet near the front door. I didn't move when I heard the front door open. I didn't think anything of it.

When I heard them scream, I was too scared to move. It was like I was frozen in place.

I waited for hours for my family to come and find me. No one came. The strangers eventually left. I didn't know how many they were. They never even said a word.

"Mom, Dad, I give up. I'm coming out!" I yelled with a shaky voice and opened the closet door only to see my family slaughtered.

My little sister had her throat slashed. He clothes were soaked with blood. Her floral print dress was no longer the vibrant colors. Her shoulder length caramel colored hair stuck to her pale face. Her beautiful bright, green eyes were no longer visible.

Tears poured down my face looking at my 7 year old sister. Those cold hearted monsters killed my sister/best friend.

I was so focused on her trying to wake her up, I didn't notice my parents were laying on the opposite side of the room. My dad was laying on his stomach. There was a knife sticking through his back. The blade was sticking straight up. Blood splattered everywhere. His eyes were rolled in the back of his head. He had the same piercing, green eyes of my sister. The ones I would no longer see. His hair that were the same shade of my sister's and was now bloody. His face was smeared with dark, red blood.

My legs felt weak. I could no longer stand. I started crying uncontrollably. I thought maybe my mom would be okay, maybe they forgot about her. I was wrong.

My mom was holding my dad's hand. She was leaned against the kitchen cabinet that was once a dull green now with blood dripping down the sides. Her throat was just like my sister's. Her long fiery, red hair reached her stomach. Her eyelids were closed hiding her auburn eyes. Her hair stuck to the side of her neck. Her white blouse and jeans were covered with blood. She looked peaceful in some ways and terrified in others.

I cried and cried my hardest. I knew I had to get out of the house soon. I was afraid that the killers would come back but, I couldn't leave my family. I knew they were dead but I just couldn't leave yet.

I tried to wake them but it wasn't working. I stayed like that for days. I didn't know that time had stopped til I eventually went outside of the house.

Ever since that night the nightmares had came, they never left. I eventually was going to go insane and I knew it.

Days later, I decided I couldn't stay with them anymore. I packed food, water, some clothes, and everything else I might need in my dad's black duffle bag we used when we went camping. Just thinking about the memories that I had with them made my eyes water. I pushed all the thoughts about my family to the back of my head. I tried my best to think about one thing only, revenge. I'm gonna make the monsters pay for what they had done to me and my family even if I die trying.

Once I packed everything I needed, I head out the door to find the sky pitch black except the full moon. No stars were out. I had no idea that it would stay like that for years and years to come.

I stepped out the door. Tears were falling down my face and I didn't even bother to wipe them away.

I made my way down the steps. I knew I couldn't stay in the house any longer. I would go crazy.

I ran as hard as my feet could take me. I ran till my stomach hurt. I crouched down next to a tree and cried.

A man approached me. He was strongly built. His black hair was slightly turning grey. He was wearing a loose, grey tee shirt, dark loose jeans and black hiking boots. He looked at me with his dark blue eyes with sadness.

"Hello, Im Mark. What's wrong?" His voice was deep and showed concern.

I scooted away. I was scared of him. I didn't know if he was one of the ones who killed my family or not.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you, I promise."
He sat down next to me.

"Pinky promise?" I barely managed to get out above a whisper.

A part of me wanted to get as far away from him as possible but, a bigger part of me felt like I could trust him.

He held out his pinky so I could wrap mine around his. "Pinky promise." He said with a small, sad smile.

"I can take you back to my home to let you stay if you want." He said as he released his pinky from mine.

I couldn't get any words out so, all I did was shake my head up and down.

He held his hand out and I took it gladly. I knew I could trust this man. I may not be that old but, I could feel he wouldn't hurt me.

From then on he taught me how to fight and defend myself. He told me about what had happened with time. He didn't know much but all he said was he knew the name of the scientists who caused this and who most likely killed my family. It took months for me to be able to tell him what happened with my family. I trust him and he trusts me. About a month after he took me under his wing, the economy crashed. The Kings of Time were the ones who caused all of it.

They took away Mark's family also. He said he was at work when they were at his house. They killed his wife and took his son.

He promised he would train me so I could take The Kings of Time down. He has lung cancer so there is no way he could fight them with me and I would rather have it that way so he wouldn't get hurt. I hate that he has cancer and I wish that he was cured but there is no way I would let him help fight. I won't risk him getting hurt, I care too much for him to let that happen.