Chapter 2

When I walked into the church I couldn't believe my eyes. The architectural design was absolutely beautiful, but it didn't quite look like a church. Trying to break the awkward silence I said to the girl "Wow, this is such a beautiful church! Not to be rude, but what are you doing in here all alone?" "Well, I guess that I will say that this is more than just a church." She replied. I knew that this couldn't be just a church. I was going to try and make conversation but I was to confused to say anything.

Finally, we reached a room that was lined with books from top to bottom. I assumed that this was a library. At the center of the room was a big desk with a boy sitting at it. He had golden blonde hair, gorgeous eyes, and was covered in tattoos similar to the girls. He was dressed in black pants and a black leather jacket. He's so cute, and doesn't look much older than me, I thought. Mesmerized by the boy, I hardly heard the girl speak to me. "Oh, I'm sorry I completely forgot to introduce myself. My name is Clary, what's yours?" "Oh, um my name is Willow." I said. "Well," the boy said. "since we are doing introductions, my name is Jace. And you are here because...?" I was completely stunned. He couldn't have been more rude. I mean really! Way to make a bad impression. Anyhow, I just brushed it off and told them how I was woken by my mom screaming at me and I ran until i couldn't run for any longer. They stared at me. (It was pretty uncomfortable) Clary finally spoke. "So, do you have any idea why your mother was making you leave?" I thought for a moment. "To be honest, no. I have always trusted her and did what she told me. All I could hear was the worry in her voice. I didn't want to upset her so I did what I was told. I could hear a sort of yelling from downstairs but it sounded as if it wasn't human. All I know is that I'm lost, I'm scared, and more than anything, I'm confused." Jace stood up from his chair. "It seems to me that your family has ties to the Shadow World." "The what?" I asked. Completely ignoring my question he said "Make yourself at home, wait what was your name again?" "Willow," I answered.  He replied. "Well Willow, like I said, make yourself at home because I have a feeling that you will be here for a while." And with that, he walked off.