Chapter 18; As Sherlock Holmes Always Says, "The Game Is On"

Start from the beginning

    I wave my hand over his barely conscious body, using my magic to cast a glamor spell on him; making him appear to be like he was before. "You just had to see Alice, didn't you?"
    "Of course," Ray answers, staggering to his feet. "I wanted to see her kick your ass."
    I grab him by the collar. "That was a rhetorical question, laddie."

   "If you step out of line one more time, I'll just have to pay little Christian a vist," I threaten.
    His eyes widen.
    "I-It won't h-happen again," he stutters.
   "Good," I say. "Now get out of my sight."

    He nods then limps back to the campsite. Pathetic. He's pathetic and weak.

    I teleport myself back to the campsite, and head for my tree house. The Lost Boys bow their heads as a sign of fear and respect as I walk by.
    I feel someone tug on my trousers when I reach the tree house. I look down and meet Cassie's colourful eyes.

    "What is it, little one?" I ask, kneeling down.
    He stands on his tippy toes and leans in, whispering something in my ear.

    It's hard to understand him at first so I ask him to repeat it. And he does.
    "Very well," I say, ruffling his hair affectionately, the way Alice always does when she says goodbye to him.
    "Run along, Cassie," I say. "Go play with the other boys."
    He nods his head and runs off, probably looking for the twins. I then teleport myself to the beach.

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    "If I win, you send me home. And if you win, I'll stay here forever; I won't try to escape," I say.
    "Okay, Alice, you can do this," I say outloud.
    I sigh. It's been ten minutes since I've left the campsite and I've been practicing what I'm going to say to Peter. I've just got to wait until he shows up.

    Peter suddenly appears in front of me. I would've cried out in surprise, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he'd scared me.
    "I see you've got my message."
    "I did. So what did you want to talk about?" he asks, walking towards me.

    "I want to make a deal," I say.
    "Go on," Peter says, gesturing for me to continue.
    "I want to get off this island, but we both know that you're not going to let me leave," I say. "So how bout we make it a game? Hand to hand combat to the best of ten. If I win, you let me go home."
   "No," Peter says, shaking his head.

    "What?" I ask.
   I wasn't expecting that. Peter never backs down from a challenge and I was hoping to use that to my advantage. "Why not?"
   "Because you won't have a chance," Peter replies. "I'd win."
    "What makes you think I won't be able to beat you? I won the first time," I state.

    "Because I let you win," he says.
    "No," I say, shaking my head. "No, you wouldn't have intentionally let me win. Not in front of your Lost Boys."
    "You had nothing to gain by doing so," I add.
    "Really?" Peter says smugly. "Because I seem to recall you falling onto me."

   "So you're saying that you only let me win so that you'd get to be close to me?"
    "That sounds about right," he says.
    I clench my fists. "You have no idea how much I want to get off this island."
   "Actually, I do," Peter says.

   "And because I'm such a nice person, I'll give you a chance. I'm gonna make you a deal," he says.
   I scoff. "Nice isn't really in your vocabulary."
   "It is, I just choose not to be nice to anyone."
   "Get to the point," I say, crossing my arms.

    "How bout' this, we'll make it a different game," he suggests.
    "What are the rules?" I ask.
    "We both have to act like we care for each other, like we love each other. And whoever falls in love first, loses," Peter challenges. "If you win, I'll let you leave the island."

   That can't be it.
   "What's the catch?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
   "Clever girl," he says, chuckling.
   "What's the catch?" I repeat again, annoyed.

  "If I win, you have to stay with me in Neverland forever," he states.

    I think about the pros and cons of his game. What do I have to lose? I'm a philophobic, that should make it easier for me to win the game. I think...

    I nod, grinning. "Game on."
    "Let's play," Peter replies, smirking devilishly.

-

Yay! I've finally updated! I'm sorry that I took so long to publish this chapter. I blame writer's block and school. I hate school...

The only reason why I actually want to go to school is because of my school's amazing library. Just joking, (not really) it's also because I get to see my friends.

I made this chapter extra long as an apology for not updating (and for being too lazy to edit this chapter) Well, I'm gonna read some tw fanfics now. Bye! ✌

~ Alice xx

-

Word count: 2030 (OML 😱)

-

Vote, comment, rate, do whatever you want <3

-

Edited: 23.11.2017