Two is Better Than One

Start from the beginning

Blushing furiously, Christine merely nods, as she is unable to speak. The doctor sees her nod and quickly writes something down.

After a few minutes, he sighed and looked up at Christine with a small smile on his face. "Congratulations, Madame and Monsieur Destler. I believe that you're going to be the parents of a healthy child..." He said, then proceeding to press around her stomach, listening to the child's heartbeat through a stethoscope.

Christine gasped softly and looked up at Erik, who was standing in shock. She smiled at him and he slowly returned the gesture.

"Pardon my mistake..." The doctor said quietly and Christine felt her heart drop. Even though her and Erik had never actually talked about having kids, she was still excited at the prospect of becoming a mother. "You're actually having twins..." He finished .

Christine smiled and nodded, filled to the brim with joy. Not only was she having a child, she was actually having two. "Thank you so much for the examination..." She whispered.

The doctor smiled and nodded. "It was my pleasure. I will need to see you every few months until you're about eight months along, then I will need to see you weekly, just to make sure that the babies are okay..."

Christine nodded her head, her mind still rather fuzzy at the thought of children. "Yes! Yes, of course! I guess that I will see you soon then," she smiled. The doctor nodded his head and left their home.

The young soprano smiled up at her husband and stretched her arms out towards him, motioning for him to come sit down next to her. "Come here, darling..." She smiled broadly, her green eyes glowing with mirth.

Erik nodded and obliged, sitting down next to her on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his lap with a small smile.

"We're going to be parents, my love..." She whispered up to him, placing a small kiss to his jawline.

Erik smiled down at her and nodded. "Yes, we are..." He said softly, holding her closer.

"I know that we had never discussed having children, but how do you feel about this? Are you happy?" Christine asked nervously, biting her bottom lip as she fiddled with her fingers.

The masked man smiled softly, and placed his hands over hers to stop her from the nervous habit. He placed a finger under chin and slowly tilted it up so that her soft green eyes met his golden gaze. "I am absolutely ecstatic about this, my darling. There is absolutely no one else in this universe that I would rather have a child with... Or, should I say, children..." He whispered, remembering that there were two heartbeats and not just one.

Christine smiled up at him, taking his hands in her rather small ones and holding them tightly. "I love you so much..." She grinned, her soft green meeting his golden ones.

Erik smiled and kissed both of her hands. "I love you too, my dear," he smiled. He leaned down and placed his hand on her stomach before whispering, "I also love you, little ones." He placed a soft kiss to her belly as Christine gently ran her fingers through his raven black hair.

Christine smiled lovingly up at her husband. "You're going to be a wonderful father," she whispered to him.

Erik smiled up at her and laid down next to the young soprano. "And you're going to be a wonderful mother, mon ange..." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her, for now, petite waist and pulled her close, her back pressed up against his chest. Erik leaned down and placed a soft kiss to her temple.

The young soprano smiled and turned over so that she could wrap an arm around his muscular torso, resting her head on his chest. Erik smiled and kissed the top of her head, her chocolate curls splayed all over his chest. "Christine, my love, do you understand how lucky I am to have you? You are my entire world and I still cannot believe that I'm actually married to you and that you're actually having my child. But, here you are, laying in my arms, proving that this is completely real. I will never be able to tell you how in love I am with you, my darling..." He whispered, gently rubbing her back as he uttered the soft words of adoration in her ear.

Christine smiled and shifted, blushing as she hid her face in his chest to cover the pink tint that was spreading across her cheeks. "Erik..." She whispered. "I love you so much... I am so happy to be yours..." She mumbled, placing a soft kiss right over his heart.

Erik smiled softly, and gently stroked her hair. "I'm glad to hear that, my love..." He whispered to her.

Christine sighed happily and snuggled up to the masked man.

And that's how the two spent the rest of their day. Holding each other, talking, and enjoying one another's company.
---------
A/N
I'm honestly so sorry that this chapter took forever. I've been under so much stress lately. I don't want my updates to only become once a month so I'll try harder. (By the way, this book probably only has like 3 or 4 more chapters😁)