6

Demi

I woke up the next day, and turned over, smiling  as I aw Wilmer sleeping soundly. I shifted over and kissed his chest, making my way up his neck to his lips.

"Wake up, my love."I whispered, and smiled as his eyes fluttered, "Good morning."

"Mmm." He smiled and pulled me into his chest, kissing my head, "It's too early to get up, just stay here for a bit."

I giggled and moved away from him, reaching over and picking up his shirt from the bedpost and tossing it over my head. "Nope. I'm surprised Mia hasn't made her entrance yet. You need to put on clothes before she does."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, kissing my shoulder lightly and making my insides feel all warm. I leaned into his embrace for a couple seconds, then my head cleared and I slapped his chest lightly, "It's not fair you know, that you're the only one who can make the other feel like this. I can't get you to stay in bed when I want you to, but one kiss from you and I'm stuck."

Wilmer rolled his eyes, "You really don't understand the effect you have on me do you? You are my absolute biggest weakness. You can make me do anything just by looking at me with those big brown eyes. I mean, it's definitely lopsided."

I smiled and leaned in, biting my lip as I leaned my forehead against his, "You've got to put on clothes Wilmer, then I'll kiss you."

He rolled his eyes and got up, walking to the closet. Just as he disappeared the bedroom door flew open and Mia walked it. Wilmer jerked around then slammed the closet door shut, locking it firmly.

"Hi momma!" Mia said, running over to me and hoisting herself up. "Where's daddy?"

"Daddy is getting dressed... How'd ya sleep?"

Mia wrinkled her nose, "Daddy's nakie? Ew."

I laughed and shook my head, "He's not naked. He just had to change because he was a little stinky but don't tell him I told you that."

She nodded solemnly and Wilmer opened the door, now dressed in sweats and a t-shirt, "There's my girl!"

Mia squealed and opened her arms, reaching for Wilmer who picked her up. Immediately, she sniffed him, "Daddy you're not stinky anymore!"

Wilmer gave me a weird look and I shrugged, smirking a bit, "I guess I'm not. But I still didn't get that kiss that mommy promised."

Laughing, I leaned up as he leaned down and pressed my lips to Wilmer's, smiling against his mouth when I heard Mia groan dramatically, "That's so gross Momma!"

I chuckled and pulled away, leaning over plant tons of kisses on Mia's face as she laughed loudly, "It's not gross. It shows how much I love Daddy, and you."

Mia thought for a couple seconds, "Then you can kiss Daddy, but not around people."

I chuckled and shrugged, "I kiss Daddy all the time, and I'll kiss him around as many people as I want, because that's how much I love him. Just like I'll kiss you, anywhere, anytime."

"Whatever Momma." She giggled, rolling her eyes.

"Breakfast?!" Wilmer said hopefully, looking at Mia.

"Yay!" Mia screamed, climbing onto Wilmer's shoulder, "Breakfast Dada!"

My heart melted a bit when she called him 'Dada' which is what she called him when she first started to talk. Eventually it evolved to 'Daddy' but I knew Wilmer loved those special occasions when her first word slipped out. The smile on his face showed his joy as he held her feet and began walking.

"Of course Monkey! Let's go see what we've got."

I watched them fondly as they walked out and felt my heart swelling. I missed this so much, all of the laughs and the family moments. I had not been here for so many. How could I even bring myself to go back to work in a month? I needed a force of nature to pull me away from these two.

~*~

"Momma?" I looked up at Mia, smiling brightly.

"What's up babe?"

"Can we go to the park?"

I smiled and looked over at Wilmer who has his eyebrows raised at me, "I don't see why not... What do you think Daddy?"

He shrugged, "Park sounds good. Go get your coat on niña."

"Okay!"

Once Mia ran out of the room Wilmer sauntered up to me and put his arms around my waist, "There's going to be a lot of paps."

"Is that so?" I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "I don't care. I want to have a nice, relaxing day with my family."

"Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" He chuckled, leaning in to kiss my lips, "It's like you're a whole new person."

I smiled and shrugged, "It's a weird feeling, I kind of feel like a brand new person. I mean, I'm finally experiencing what it's like to be a mom and it's so weird to be actually spending time and not worrying about work."

He smiled and kissed me again, "I love you so much."

I smiled, "I love you too Wilmer. And for the record, your wife never left, you just had to pull her out of me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Vote!

This is the last chapter! It was always meant to be a short story!

-Rachel