Episode 46

Joe woke up choking on his tears straight away it not taking long at all to remember what had happened today. He didn't know how he was going to cope without his son, seeing the smile on his face or hearing his laugh. Liam was the most important person in his life and he died just hours ago in his father's arms.

"It's okay Joe," Demi soothed him as he felt the bed dip down Demi laying next to him. She held him in her arms shushing him as he cried some more Demi joining in. "He knew how much you loved him and still does."

"I miss him already." Joe choked Demi kissing the top of his head.

"I know you do, so do I but we have to remember all the good times we had with him, we have two little girls now who need looking after." Demi breathed neither of them saying anything else. They just held each other as they cried until they calmed down enough to speak to one another properly and not having to pause because their voices couldn't take no more.

"How are they?" Joe mumbled.

"They had a feed and now they're back to sleep." Demi answered wiping away a couple of tears that escaped his eyes but they were soon replaced.

"My girls." He mumbled Demi smiling pecking his lips gently.

"They're both going to be big daddy's girls." Demi smiled.

"I just wish they would have known Liam for a little longer." Joe breathed allowing Demi to help him sit up even though she was the whole who had just given birth. Today had been a long day, he was ready for it to be over, the best but worst day of his life.

"Liam will watch over them, he'll know them and look after them." Demi assured him kissing his lips gently Joe kissing back the two of them smiling through the kiss.

"I love you." He mumbled as he pulled away a little bit.

"I love you too." Demi breathed kissing him again.

Joe followed Demi out of the room holding onto her hand, he still felt a little emotionally unstable but he couldn't lay in his bed for the rest of the day when two little girls needed him. He followed Demi into the next room smiling when he saw his two girls asleep next to one another. He let go of Demi's hand leaning down kissing both their heads.

"Hey girls, sleep well."

"At least you were there when they were born and you got to Liam for when he died." Demi breathed Joe nodding his head in agreement.

"Yeah I'm glad I got to see the girls and got to say goodbye to Liam, I wouldn't have been able to pick which one I'd rather want." Joe admitted letting a tear slip from his eye as he stared at his newborn daughters sleeping. They looked so innocent, unaware of what they were born into.

"You don't have to worry about that now, you were there for both and at least Liam isn't suffering anymore bless him." Joe nodded his head in agreement wiping the couple of tears away embracing Demi into a hug.

"Thank you." He stated.

"For what?" Demi inquired wrapping her arms around his middle listening to his heartbeat, she was a little worried about him but she knew he just needed to adjust to life without his son. He would always be a father to three children.

"For being here." Demi smiled holding him tighter but he didn't realise how much he was helping her through the tough time. She had just given birth to twins, the last thing she needed was to stress over a death but it had happened. They would get through the hard time together, they needed one another now more than ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please! I think this story will end soon.