Hating Love

Author: MeredithHale5

"I think I hate you." I glared at him. "Hello, 'I think I hate you-" "No need to be a smart-ass." I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him. "Well, there's never a need to-" "You just are one?" I offered to finish his sentence for him. He simply laughed. "You're so feisty. It's adorable." He brushed a strand of hair off my face and I pulled back slower than I meant to. "Yeah, I'm a real catch. Now why are you trying to destroy my life?" I tried to appear angry and confident but his good looks were slowly making that impossible. "I'm not trying to destroy your life. I just like the fire in your eyes when you think I'm going to tell Jake about your little crush." He winked at me and I had the strong urge to bite him... though as sick and twisted as he seemed to be, I was starting to think he would like it. "Well, cut it out." My hands balled into fists and I tried to calm down by mentally telling myself I was a pacifist. "Can't. I like you too much." He grinned and his white teeth nearly blinded me. Was there any part of him that wasn't 'Abercrombie and Fitch model status' perfect? "Don't say that. That you like me, you don't even know me." I frowned at him. "I know enough that I'd like to get to know you." He winked and my heart skipped a beat. Stupid heart.Mandy has been in love with her best friend's brother, Jake, for forever so when he breaks up with his girlfriend she finally has her chance. But what happens when the boy she falls for ends up being the boy she never thought she would want?Brandon has always gotten everything he has wanted until he meets Mandy. The blonde firecracker that couldn't be less interested in him. After failing at convincing her that he's not as bad as she thinks, he decides to offer her a deal. Use him to make Jake jealous. Brandon will soon learn however that pretending to have what he really wants just makes him want it more.