Chapter one.

"I think something going on with her." Tony said, pouring himself a scotch as he looked over at the other male avengers. "Her and Pepper have been gone to long. I mean how long does it take to buy a gift anyway?" He asked sitting next to the great super soldier. Natasha and Pepper had been out shopping for a while now, it was now coming up to 6:30pm, which now was dark outside, and they had left at 11:35am that morning, and it made them wonder where the hell they were.

"Be calm, man of Iron. They know how to take care of themselves. Just give them time." Thor said, with his deep, yet kind voice.

"Yeah, but it doesn't take them over six hours to buy a present." Tony moaned, taking a sip of his drink.

"We know Tony, but you have to remember that it's for Natasha and Steve's one year anniversary. She wants it to be special for Steve." Explained Wanda, who walked into the room after she heard Tony complain. She was right though, Steve and Natasha had now been married a year now. It was a shock to the whole team once they announced their feelings for each other. It might have just made Clint faint a little. Thor, being Thor, gave them a bone crushing hug that almost killed them both. Tony, well, let's just say with his comment cost him a slap around the face from Natasha as it was way too inappropriate. Bruce was all sweet and kind about it, trying to stay calm from all the excitement, along with Pietro, and Wanda and Pepper just went and had a really girly moment and jumping around and clapping.

"I know that, but still, how long did it take you to buy Nat her gift Cap?" Tony asked, turning his head to Steve, having sip at his drink. Steve was very thoughtful on his gift to Natasha. She was the only women to make him feel love again after Peggy, who was the one who taught the solider to love. But, Natasha was the only one to bring it all back, and some what stronger. She made him feel more alive then he already was, she made him feel warm and weightless. Every single feeling you could feel with love, yet 10x more powerful.

Natasha was surprised about her feelings for Steve to tell the truth. All her life she was taught to not love for anyone or anything yet Russia, but thanks to her close and dear friend, Clint, she was able to feel emotions in the first time in years.

She didn't like to admit at the beginning that she liked Steve, so she kept it under wrapped and all to herself.

"It took me about an hour, but I knew exactly what I wanted to get her." Steve said, sitting up straight, gesturing his head to the glass table in front of him which had the medium sized box that was perfectly wrapped in cram coloured wrapping paper and a blue ribbon in a bow. "I really hope she likes it, she saw it in the store window last month and said how much it looked nice. Thankfully for me no one had brought it, so I was lucky." He smiled sweetly, gently picking up the gift and placed it in his lap for when Natasha returned with Pepper.

"Tony is right in a way, they have been gone for a while now." Clint spoke up, pacing around the two white leather couches that sat in the room. "I'm sure it won't be long now." He said, reassuring them all.

"I hope so." Steve said with a little sigh.

"Aww is the big guy missing his girl?" Pietro laughed slightly, causing a laughed to appear from Clint and Tony.

"So what if I am, today is our day. Our first ever anniversary." Steve said, slightly shaking. Yes, he was excited that today was their anniversary, but it was the first!

Mr Stark, sir. I thought you would like to know that Miss Potts and Mrs Rogers have returned from their day out. Jarvis had said through the main speaker.

"Thank you Jarvis, please ask for them both to come to us." Tony replied. Steve then became more nervous, and he rose from his seat to make himself look presentable to his wife. Clint noticed this and came to his side and patted his back, giving him some metal support.

"Chill Cap, remember it your day... Well night now as its dark out." He smirked, and Steve smiled slightly nodded, holding his gift in his hand. Steve was never this nervous, apart from the wedding, that was understandable, he didn't understand why he had similar nerves now though.

A few minutes later, the two women walked in, Pepper holding a cake in her hands, while Natasha walked in behind her, and in Steve's eyes, more beautiful then anyone he had ever seen. Once her green eyes meet his blue ones, an smile grew on her face as she made her way over to him, holding a white gift bag in her hand. Steve smiled at her and walked up to her as they soon meet in the middle, his strong arms wrapping around her smaller, slender body gently, holding her close. "Happy anniversary." He said softly in her ear.

"Right back at you." She smirked slightly and pulled back, their lips pressing together as they sheared a warm soft kiss. "Sorry I took so long, town was manic and I had to get you a few things." Natasha smiled, holding up the bag so he could see.

"You didn't have to buy me so many things." Steve smiled back. He then looked down to his hands where he was holding the gift. "I really hope you like what I got you, you did say it looked nice."

Natasha raised an eyebrow slightly, and she gently took his free hand no lead him to the one of the couches as all the others smiled and watched them unwrap their gifts. Natasha carefully placed the bag that she was holding next to her, and Steve passed her the small box to her, and she gave him a thankful smile as she took it from him and started to undo the bow, followed by the wrapping paper. Once that was off, she saw the brand of boxing it came with, and she lifted her head to Steve, getting an idea what it was. Natasha continued to opened it, and once she opened the box, a bigger smile grew on her face as she saw a beautiful gold necklace, which had a pure ruby gem heart charm hanging on the chain. "Steve... You got it?" She smiled looking back up at him.

"I remember you saying you liked it in the store window, I thought getting it for today would be perfect." He smiled more, a weight being lifted off his shoulders as he saw her smile.

"I love it, thank you." Natasha smiled, and pulled him into a tight embrace as she pecked his lips. "Now it's your turn." She smiled more, and picked up the bag she had for him.

Steve gratefully took it with a thankful smile of his own. This was when the avenger payed more attention, as they wondered why it took Natasha so long to buy I'm something, and wanted to know exactly what it was. The first thing Steve pulled out was a smart suit top, the once she thought he always looked handsome in whenever he wore one. The next thing, a full beer can. Steve pulled a confused face, and Natasha raised an eyebrow as she turned her head to Tony, who was acting like he did nothing, when really he secretly placed it in the bag when they weren't looking. They laughed it off, and Steve continued to look through the bag, and pulled out a small top, with the words that said 'my daddy is the best'. Steve became confused again, and looked back at Natasha, who just gave him an encouraging smile to carry on looking. He did so, and at the bottom he found a small box, he pulled it out and opened out, and was pushed back with shock.

His eyes went back up to Natasha and smiled brightly, a few tears falling from his eye. "Are you sirius?" He said, is voice cracking a little, and Natasha miles brightly and nodded.

"What? What is it?" Tony asked, sitting up. Steve cried more from happiness, the couple hugging each other tightly and smiling widely. "What is it?!" Tony asked again.

Steve rubbed his eyes a little, and pulled the small object out of the box.... A positive-pregnancy test. "WHAT?! OH MY GOD!" Pepper cheered for joy, screaming along with wonder as the others clapped while Steve and Natasha kissed once more.

"This is amazing, congratulations to the both of you." Thor smiled, and all the me. Came over shaking Steve hand and giving manly yet friendly hugs, as Wanda and Pepper did the same for Natasha.

That was quit a surprise for all of them, Natasha was pregnant.