time will tell.

I couldn't tell you how many times I cried or screamed or yelled that week - but it was alot. Alot meaning more stars in the night sky that have shined in the past millions of years, more times then people have made a stupid life altering decision, and even more times then I ever told my mom I loved her.

It had been three days, three fucking exasperating days, since my mom had entered this damn hospital and I don't even know whats going on at this point.

I feel like a lost puppy dropped off at the pound, with hopes of their owner coming to pick them up like a knight in shining armor. But at this point, I figured I would just have to keep hoping and not give up until otherwise concluded.

Every time I ask to see her they all say the same thing, "She's unavailable at this current point in time, sorry for the inconvenience." Just give me a straight answer, won't you? Stop the bullshit answers and lies, just tell me the truth for once.

-

It wasn't until the daunting, late hours of the night, that I was reunited with the nurse I had encountered on my first visit to the hospital.

"Hello again." I said as the shiny, silver elevator doors had opened and we both stepped in.

"Hi, Mr. Booker?" She said, but more like a question.

"Call me Devin." I replied as I pushed the 17th floor button.

"Oh, hi Devin. How're you holding up, with, you know?" She asked and then proceeded to tie her hair up in a ponytail and fix her shoelaces.

I took a deep breath as I answered, "Honestly? The hospital has denied me any information on my mom, so I have no idea how I'm supposed to react." I banged my head against the rock hard elevator wall and then winced in pain.

The nurse took account of this and then spoke, "Look Devin, go and wait in the waiting room and I'll see what I can dig up, okay?" She lightly rubbed my back and then walked out as the elevator dinged.

We arrived at our stop and I had nothing or nobody else to trust, so I did what she asked. While following her orders I watched her as she entered a door that read: STAFF ONLY.

-

"Devin, Devin wake up." I heard a female voice whisper. "Devin I have some news." She whispered again as I pryed my eyes open, becoming face to face with the woman who could very well be my only friend here.

"Good or bad?" I asked, praying it was only up from here.

"Well there's a bit of both." She said, her eyes now shifting to the floor.

"Just tell me, I've done enough beating around the bush with all these other Doctor's." I hissed, holding my head in my hands.

"Okay, Good news is your mother has went through a safe surgery and is on her way to recovery. But the bad news is, she had a brain tumor that was taken out of her. Devin, she might not be able to remember anything." She mumbled, and I was still taking everything in.

"What do you mean, 'might not be able to remember anything'?" I croaked out to the nurse.

"Even me?"

A/N; Everything's gonna be okay, right?