Chapter 3

Peter had his mixtape playing while Gwen was sitting at the table, her head in her book again. Peter was watching the news and once in awhile, moved his attention towards Gwen. He smiled at her and thought it was cute how her elbow would rest on the table and she would have her head in one hand, while the other hand would be flipping through the pages of the book. 'Just tell her how you feel. The worst thing she can do is reject me' Peter thought to himself. Peter sat beside Gwen and to get her attention, he took the book away from her and closed it but not before marking the page.

"Hey, Star-Weirdo. I was reading that" Gwen said

"It's Star-Lord," Peter corrected her, "and I need to tell you something" Peter said. Gwen crossed her arms, resting them on the table and leaned closer to Peter. Peter let his eyes flicker between her eyes and her lips. He's wanted to kiss those lips for a long time now but first, he wanted to tell Gwen that he's madly in love with her to make the kiss feel just right.

"Well we've been best friends for a long time. I care about you a lot and you know I'd do anything to protect you" Peter said, feeling his heart pound against his chest. He never thought he'd be so nervous telling the girl he loves his feelings for her.

"Where are you going with this Peter?" Gwen asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I-" Peter was interrupted by a call. It was Yondu. They both looked at each other for a moment and Peter gave a nod, saying to answer the call. Gwen answered it and Yondu's face appeared on the screen.

"Quill, Pierce!" Yondu said

"Hey Yondu" Peter said

"I'm here on Morag. There ain't no orb and there ain't no you two!" Yondu said

"We were in the neighborhood and thought we'd save you the hastle" Peter said

"Where are you two at now, boy?" Yondu asked. Gwen cringed when ever Yondu called him that. Yondu's always been stricter towards Peter while Gwen has always been a favorite towards Yondu. Yondu said that he respects her because she comes from a race that's well respected across the galaxy. It's also because Gwen comes from royalty but Gwen never knew that. Peter always thought it was because Yondu was attracted to her.

"I know you're mad about this but I'm not going to tell you that" Peter said. Gwen listened as Peter and Yondu argued.

"We're ravengers. We've got a code" Yondu said

"Yeah and that code is we steal from everybody" Peter said

"When I picked you both up on Terra, those boys of mine wanted to eat you. They never tasted any Terran before. I stopped them. You're alive because of me" Yondu said. Gwen knew this was more about Peter since he was Terran.

"Let me talk to my favorite!" Yondu said. Peter stepped away from the screen and was replaced by Gwen.

"Hi Yondu" Gwen said

"I know you'll listen to me and I know Quill will listen to you. You tell Quill when I find him-" the call was suddenly cut off. Gwen looked at Peter who held his hands up in defense.

"My finger slipped" Peter said

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" Gwen said. She grabbed her book and started making her way to her room when Peter grabbed her hand.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked

"My room so I can read in peace. Come get me when we've landed on Xandar" Gwen said