2 months later

This chapter is 2 months after Peeta's nightmare

KATNISS'S POV

Its been 2 months now when my mum started helping Peeta. I can tell she is doing a good job because I can see a change in him. He in now not afraid to leave the house and he has less nightmares and flashbacks. He is also more upbeat, like the old Peeta.

She has also been rehabilitating him, he can walk without support and without falling over.

I do really aprechiate mums help. If it wasn't for her, he could still be the frightened little bed-ridden boy. Now he is the old Peeta, loving, outgoing and he has put on weight. He is also working out, so he has the same build as before. Broad shoulders, fit and strong.

"Katniss?" A voice says but I ignore it.

"Katniss?" They say again. Again no response.

"KATNISS!!!" They shout and im brought back to reality. It's Peeta. I love the sound of his voice. It's not how it was a few months ago, its loving and caring and kind. He's the way he was before the games.

"Uh.. yh?" I say. He laughs a little, puts his hand on my knee and says "I asked what time is the scan?" He means my ultrasound. Im now 4 months pregnant, Im showing, but Im still trying to hid it from the Capitol.

I dont want them to know. "Its at 1;30. Should we get going?" I ask glancing at the clock. Its 12;54pm

"Yh, come on" He says and we get up and walk to the hospital. Everyone in district 12 smiles. Im guessing they have forgotten that before they were calling Peeta names, glaring at him and keeping thier distance from him, when he did nothing wrong.

We walk hand in hand and Peeta still doesnt look at the bakery. He is still afraid of it, but I hope in time he wont be. He loved that place, it brought him peace and serenity. We picked up pace walking passed it, but we slow down after. The sun is shinning high in the sky. 

"Why dont we go for a picnic after the scan in the meddow. Its a perfect day?" Peeta asks. Its true it is a perfect day. "Yes. I would like that very much"

"Good" He says and we kiss, before walking through the doors of the hospital. We sign in and wait for the nurse.  Our name is called and we go in the room. I lay on the bed and pull up my top the apporpriate length. She puts ice-cold jelly on my stomach and Peeta sits next to me squeezing my hand.

The nurse rubs the jelly around with something and a picture comes on screen. Peeta and I kiss at the sight that our baby is on screen. But the nurse says "Wait a minute" She looks worried and scrolls around my bump until a smile comes out of her mouth.

"What is it? Whats wrong? " Peeta says. "Dont worry, It nothing bad. Im pleased to announce that your having twins." My face lit up and before I could say anything Peeta's lips are on mine. He pulls back and smiles. "Ill leave you to alone" The nurse says and slips out the room.

We both lok at the screen and see two little babbies. Thier hard to make out at first but once I saw them, Its fine. There's too heartbeats comming from the monitor and Peeta says "Listen , thats out babbies heartbeat" We smile and a tear escapes my eye.

Before I said I never wanted kids, but now I couldn't be more happier to be pregnant and have two of them in 4 months. Peeta hugs me and the nurse comes back, takes a picture of them, gives it to us and we go.

We stroll home and make food for the picnic and we walk to the meddow. Peeta lays down a blanket and we sit. Peeta hands me some bread and we eat. After around1 hour we finish eating. But we were slow because we got into a food figth by throwing berries at eachother.

We led down on the blanket with me leaning my head on Peeta's chest and cuddling into his protective arms that are circling me. He rests his chin on my head and we fall asleep after talking about good memories we shared and ones we hoped to have one day.

This day reminded me of the day before Peeta was taken when he proposed to me. It was the best day of my life and was pefect. This day was also perfect.

I finally had my Peeta back and he was well worth the fight to get here.

Sorry its a bit short  

Hoped you liked it. :) xx

I dont own any of the hunger games characters