Chapter 11: Confrontations

Start from the beginning

         Harry sighed and got up reluctantly. At the sight of the pampered boy he had once called a twin sneering at his friends as well as him, his blood began to boil. He snapped back, "Oh look. It's the boy who can't see past his own ego. Who invited you?" He was very bitter, and it showed. The curiosity from other students grew at his tone of voice. Harry mentally cursed. He was attraction that he didn't need or want this early in the school year.

        Lucas, confidence boosted by the sycophants behind him, replied arrogantly, "You clearly don't know your place in life or who I am, mudblood." From the gasps around the table, everyone had heard and many were looking at their supposed savior in shock, especially the muggleborns. Harry smiled grimly. It seems that his idiot twin would dig his own grave and there was nothing Harry himself needed to do. He started to turn away, seeing Professor Evans and Headmaster Dumbledore approach from the corner of his eye.

        Dumbledore reached first. He put a hand around Lucas's shoulder and said to Harry in his grandfatherly way, "I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding, boys."

        Harry gritted his teeth, clenching his fist so hard he left nail imprints in his hand. The last straw was Professor Evans coming over to usher her son away, glaring at Harry as she went. That was IT. His already frayed temper blew up in a massive outburst of pure magic that blasted everyone a few feet back with its force and threw Lucas, his subordinates, and the offending professors into the wall.

       Oh NO. Not that he hadn't been wanting to do that for, well, all his life, but this would showcase his power and cause unwanted attention. He might even get in trouble for teaching the lump of lard a lesson he sorely needed. Oh well... he let an evil grin slip over his face. At least the whining and fuss Lucas immediately kicked up was worth any possible consequences. In the corner, Professor Evans--ugh how he hated to call that woman anything respectable-- was screeching about how Harry had harmed her baby and how he should be punished severely.

      Dumbledore was trying to appease the mother of the supposed Boy-Who-Lived and said, "Of course he will be punished as the instigator of the fight." Most gaped in outrage at the blatant favoritism, as the entire hall had watched the altercation from start to finish. Harry started to get mad again, but this time his anger ran cold. He scathingly pointed out, "Of course our esteemed headmaster would know all about faking things, wouldn't he? After all, he faked being a paragon of light with a phoenix who was forcibly bonded with him."

       Sora appeared in that moment trailing blazing white and blue fire. She circled the hall once, vanished in a flash of light, and reappeared with a bedraggled looking Fawkes. She fed him three of her tears, and he seemed to glow. Everyone looked away as he burned as hot as the sun for a minute, then he cooled again enough for people to see. What they saw shocked them. Fawkes changed color from a fiery orange to a gentle blue.

Thank you, resonated in the minds of the entire Great Hall, watching fascinated at the broadcasted conversation between phoenixes and the humans allowed to listen in. I was a young, foolish phoenix when I got caught. As a water elemental, my strength is healing. I saw an ambitious young injured human and tried to help him. As soon as he was healthy, he grabbed me and forcibly bonded and glamoured me into a phoenix I was not to help his reputation. Thank you, royal phoenix. If you or your human have need of my assistance at any time, simply call me and I will answer. To the amazement of the watching humans, the now blue phoenix flew into the Black Lake and melted away into the water.

      Water travel, Sora privately explained to Harry via their mind link. Water phoenixes use bodies of water as a method of travel. They are able to shift from waters easily and prefer swimming to flying, though they can fly when necessary. I should be going now, though it was nice stretching my wings and seeing you Harry. We didn't see you yesterday, so don't forget about us! Make sure to visit on the weekend. She flashed away after trilling a melody to Harry, leaving the Great Hall, who at this point had forgotten entirely about their untouched lunch and the rest of the school day left for them after the major drama that had occurred. Harry found himself the target of many, many pairs of eyes and cringed. "Uhh... hi?" he questioned weakly.

       He exchanged glances with his friends, and mouthed "Run."

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        It had been a few days and the school was still talking about the events of lunch on the first day of school. His friends were uncomfortable being even near the center of all the rumors, but they stuck by their new friend. As Hermione put it, "We're not going to abandon you just because some people like to gossip! You're our friend now, and friends stick together." Harry had smiled and thanked his lucky stars for such good friends. They would just have to see how this turned out, for better or worse.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         The Potters and Headmaster Dumbledore were in the headmaster's office on Saturday morning, when there were no classes. They were discussing the recent development: Harry Flamel.

          "The boy is a threat to our position and status, Albus! He threatened our son and got away with it!" Lily Potter snapped waspishly.

          Her husband tried to cool her down but failed ultimately as she started screeching. "Who does he think he is anyway?! Waltzing in like he knows everything, why our boy could beat him with his hands tied behind his back."

      Dumbledore's eyes twinkled as he pulled on his all-knowing grandfather mask once again. "Lily dear, we're just going to have to watch him. I agree, he is dangerous and unknown. Why, Nicholas and I haven't talked in awhile, but not long enough for him to have a son. It's fascinating and bears closer observation. Rest assured, though, he will be punished somehow."

     Lily Potter grimaced. "I will get that boy Dumbledore, for what he did to my boy. He. Will. PAY."

A/N: And that's a wrap! Dear God I worked for three hours to get past my massive writer's block to update on the one-year anniversary of my last update. I am SO SORRY. School bit me in the butt, again. I am lucky I was able to get back to fanfiction, but I am happy to announce I have at least one more chapter outlined already.

Those comments kept me alive. Without them, it is unlikely I would have returned. They gave me motivation, smiles, laughs, and everything I needed for this. HAPPY NEW YEAR'S to everyone around the world! 

Now for comments:

Those who wanted to find me before killing me, I am here now, but disillusioned. You might have to look a bit harder.

Those casting spells for me... Love you!!! Please don't hit me with that Avada Kedavra XD.

I also have a notice for the shipping poll: I decided to let it marinate a bit more and open to all suggestions one might have. I'm probably going to keep it gen until maybe third or fourth year, so that's plenty of time (though hopefully not as much time as I fear.)

And now for the ads: I am thinking of posting oneshots as well as this story, just to try it out. I'd like some feedback from what people think about those, and any ideas I could start on.

Thanks! Love, Fanfiction4evernever