Welcome to Termina!

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
Link and Tatl turn around and Tatl hides behind Link.
"I own the Happy Mask Shop and travel far and wide looking for masks. A precious mask was stolen from me by an imp in the woods." The mask salesman says. "Now young cursed one, don't find me creepy..."
"Too late," Tatl mutters and Link covers his mouth with his hands to try not to laugh.
"but I have been following you and, if you get your precious item back, I will tell you how to return to your original form."
"My precious item? My ocarina! So if I get my ocarina back, you will return me to normal?" Link asks.
"Yes but you have to get my precious mask back from that imp, but you see, I have to leave in three days time."
"Three days?!" Tatl exclaims.
"I can do it!" Link says, determined, before racing out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn of the first day, 72 hours remain
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrive in a town once they exit the clock tower, one not in Hyrule. Tatl mutters something Link doesn't bother listening to.
"Your an idiot, Deku Boy." Tatl says, hitting the poor boy.
"What did I do?" He asks.
"Three days to find some mask and your Ocarina?! Even if we never sleep that leaves us with 72 hours!" Tatl says.  She sighs. "Come on, let's go see the Great Fairy."
"Ok. Lead the way." Link says, expecting Tatl to pull him there.
"What? No I don't know where she is. Ask the town children. They should know, 'K?"
Link nods and sees a kid in a mask... With a ball of blue light beside him. Link follows him to a small, out of the way part of town where the child goes into a house.
Link sighs and was about to leave, when a fairy caught his eye. He hops on the water and rescues the fairy.
"Thank you, please take me to the fairy fountain in North Clock Town. Link nods and takes one look towards the door before exiting back to the main part of Clock Town.

"North... North..." Link mutters, looking around. Tatl moves him towards the Clock Tower.
"North is that way, Deku boy." Tatl sighs and Link thanks her.
Link runs towards North Clock Town, avoiding a dog as he goes.

Once he enters, he looks around but sees no fountain.
"The cave, Link. For the love of Nayru, do I have to spell everything out to you?!" Tatl exclaims.
Link shakes his head and goes to the cave, where a bunch of fairies are.
The fairy Link found a few minutes ago flies towards the other fairies and they create a Great Fairy.
"Thank you, Tatl, and you, one of altered shape. I am the Great Fairy of Magic. For your deeds, I shall grant you magic power." A light covers Link and he raises into the sky slightly, feeling a strange power within him before he's put back down. "Return to me once you have your normal form back and I shall give you something else." She laughs before she disappears. Link exits the cave.
"Let's go find the Skull Kid."