“Michelle, what the hell is going on? We haven’t had a code red since 9/11!”

“Mr. Dome, I’m not sure if I’m supposed to tell you this, but Are 72 was broken into. Mr. Lane wanted to tell you the details himself. Now if you could get Mr. Gabe on a helicopter and to the white house immediately…”

I was interrupted by Mr. Dome saying,

“Michelle, I’m coming myself! I need to find out what’s going on, if they got. Oh My Gosh, they stole it didn’t they? I’ll be there in exactly one hour, do not leave the white house; you or the Eagle.”

Then, as we disconnected the call, I could hear him shouting about a code red and getting a whirlybird ready. I next dialed the headquarters of the CIA. I also told them about the code red, and the Director of National Intelligence himself was coming to meet with us. After disconnecting with him and agreeing to see him in an hour, I walked out of my office. I needed to see the pilot. He was in the hospital unit of the white house. They were giving him medicines for shock.  

I walked through the doors of the hospital behind one of the nurses. She led me to where Josh Mason was laying on a bed. Josh was the pilot that had survived the attack. The nurse turned to face me, and said,

“Be careful; he’s still messed up.”

Then she left me alone, and I braced myself for whatever the guy had to say. The guy looked at me and said in a rough voice,

“Who are you? Are you here to save me?”

I guess the nurse was right, he must still think he’s in Area 72. I tried to be gentle as I responded,

“Hello Mr. Mason, I’m Michelle. I’m the secretary to the President of the United States. The President has requested your release from the hospital to come to a meeting regarding what happened in Area 72 today. Do you think that you’re ok to walk out? I promise you that you are now out of danger.”

When I finished, he looked up at me and smiled. He said,

“You must think that I think I’m still in Area 72.”

He didn’t give me time to respond before continuing,

“I’m perfectly fine! I’m damn helicopter pilot; I’ve served in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea. I don’t need any of the bloody medicine’s they give to the insane people.”

I smiled at him; I liked his attitude. He swung his legs off the bed, and stood up. We walked together outside of the hospital unit toward where the meeting would be taking place. The doctors didn’t look quite happy that he was leaving, but they didn’t dare question a Presidential order. When he made it to the President’s office, it had already been 50 minutes since I had called the NIA and Pentagon. They would be landing soon. I left Mr. Mason inside the room where the meeting was taking place, and wen to find Ian. He’d want to know that the first man was here. I walked to the outside of his bedroom, and knocked quietly. He shouted,

“Come in Mimi.”

I opened the door, and walked in. Ian was sitting on a couch, rubbing his temples with his fingers. He looked up when the door closed, and gave me a weak smile while saying,

“What is it Mimi?”

I replied,

“Sir, the first man has arrived in the waiting room. It’s the pilot Josh Mason, he told me that he was perfectly fine and everyone was over reacting. The others should arrive within 10 minutes, and then the cabinet is going to want in the meeting, so we will have to get body guards to keep them out. What do you think we should use as a cover story if the media get a whiff of the code red?”

I was watching his reaction of what I said before he replied. His shoulders sagged more, and he lifted his head up. He rubbed his face with the back of his hand before dropping both hands in his lap.

“Why do you call me “Sir,” or “Mr. President”? Were alone, yet you still do. Why is that? Were still best friends, you can just call me Ian.”

I replied back to him,

“Because it is respectful; you’re the most important man live right now! It would be extremely embarrassing for the both of us if the reporters caught me calling you Ian instead of Mr. Lane. They’d make some lovey dovey romance affair between us. Now what is the cover story?”

“How about… some recent discovery about 911; that way it would make sense for the head if the NIA to come instead of the head of the CIA. After all, James Salsa did make a bunch of discoveries about 9/11.”

Is smiled, that would work. Now only if it was actually that,

“That’s a good idea, should we tell people now, or wait until they ask?”

He replied,

“Well, we’ll wait until they ask, because we’ll have to tell them the truth at some point in time.”

I smiled, and then checked my watch. It had been 57 minutes since I called, so I had to go wait at the helicopter landing pad. I said to Ian,

“That’ll work; I have to go wait for the Captains. I’ll see you in the main office in 10 minutes.”

I turned around to walk out when he said,

“Mimi…be careful ok?”

I smiled to myself as I replied,

“I will, you too.”

I was about to walk out of the room when he called my name again.

“Mimi!”

I turned around and looked at him as he said,

“Mimi, you were my first friend and now look where we are…I know you know, but I love you. Promise me you’ll be safe.”

I looked at him with tears in my eyes; I always loved it when he told me he loved me. It was only in the friend kind of way, but it still made my heart flutter. I replied to him in a huskier voice than normal,

“I love you, too Ian. I won’t even go outside if it will make you stop worrying.”

He replied looking a lot more relived,

“Thanks now get out of my room. I don’t want people to draw the wrong conclusion.”

He said the last part with a laugh. I glared playfully at him as I walked out of his room.

I made it to the helicopter landing pad right as the head of the Pentagon was landing; I stayed inside the double doors waiting for him. When Jason made it to the outside of the doors, he motioned for me to hold my breath. I was confused, but I did it anyway. When he opened the doors and came in, I noticed that he also was holding his breath. I rolled my eyes at how paranoid he was. He didn’t let me get a breath until we were the whole way down the hall. Even then he inside that we go into the sanitation room to get de-germed. His excuse was that we might not be able to tell if they released one of the deadly diseases. I told him he was paranoid. By the time we were official “safe” in his perspective, James had already landed. Surprisingly enough, he was also holding his breath as he walked down the hall. He went into the sanitation room as well...maybe they weren’t as paranoid as I thought.

------------

Hi guys=) i hope you liked it! It was around 5 pages on word so I hope it’s not too short! You guys got me on the what’s hot listing and up to number 16 on the mystery category! Thank you so much<3

Mara