You laughed at Albus' comment. "Exactly." Looking outside you then realized how much time had passed. "I should get going." you said. "I'll see you both tomorrow, bright and early."

"Take a break tomorrow [Name]." Albus said.

"But Albus--"

"No buts [Name]." the old man smiled. "You deserve one kid. Go spend some time with your brother."

There was no point arguing with him,so you gave him a nod. "Alright then. Thank you." You gave the old couple one last wave before walking out of the shop door.

Felicia too smiled as she watched you leave "We should be the ones thanking you, dear."

A cool breeze blew across your face while you waited for your bus to arrive. The heat of the day had been replaced by a cool change causing goosebumps to spot your arms from the evening chill. The sun sank lower in the sky, light of day draining away, giving way to the velvety darkness of the night to come. Despite the late hour, the city of Insomnia was still bustling with life. Though the streets weren't as packed as they were during the day, it was still crowded. The city's residents were out for a movie or to chill out in a smoky jazz bar downtown. While there were others just like you who are returning home from a long day at work.

When the bus arrived, you waited in line with the other passengers for the transport to come to a stop and for the doors to open. You then boarded the bus and sat by the back beside the window, hugging the bags of food in your arms. As the large vehicle started moving, you looked out the dirty window onto the busy city streets with a bored and tired expression on your face. You could see protesters marching up the streets with large signs held above their heads. From a distance it appeared as though they were dancing and having fun, but their faces were plastered with fuming anger. You could hear their loud chants through the glass window.

"Down with the king!" they would yell. "Revolution!" they would howl.

It had been like this since the war ended. Despite the rebirth of the kingdom, it was impossible to ignore the ongoing suffering. The remnants of the war still lingered. The people's lives, which were once full of colour was now stained by the darkness of a sinister past. These people could pretend, but they couldn't hide the fact that the conflict happened. Nothing would heal the irreparable scars that had been left on their minds. It would haunt and torment them for many years to come, acting as a constant reminder of the day when their whole life flashed before their eyes.

The rise of the new king was the kingdom last beacon of hope. But like the protesters claimed, the new king had made too many broken promises. What was meant to be better only got worse. The kingdom's economy fell, just like the dreams and hopes of it's people. Slowly but surely Lucis would lose faith in their king. You once highly respected the royal family. They were the ones you trusted your life with. But now, you too were slowly starting to lose faith.You tell yourself that things would improve,. but how long were you required to wait? Does the king not care about his people? Does he not care that his kingdom is dying? The thought of it was enough to send your blood boiling.

. . .

By the time you reached your stop you were the only person left on the bus. Thanking the bus driver, you got off and proceeded to walk through the now dark streets. The sky was now engulfed in complete darkness, with only the dim glow of the streetlights illuminating your path. You lived in the run-down part of the city or as others called it; the slums away from the glamorous and wealthy district of Insomnia. This place which was once sleek and bright with colours, was now replaced by a dull lifeless grey, with the only colour being the vandelisim that covered the building walls. Trash was heaped in little mounds here and there in every crevice possible. The streets that should have been such a joy to walk was littered with garbage. It was impossible to ignore the revolting stench. The homeless wandered the streets even during the cold nights often in noisy exchanges with themselves or others. From every covered doorway came their dejected stares as they shivered from the cold in their cardboard sleeping bags. Their souls were damaged and depleted from any means of hope for something better. Each one of them had a story to tell that could snap your heart into two. This was the true reality of the sleepless city hidden behind it's sky-rising towers.